Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I have made a payment of £625 to a business in New York USA

Customer Question

I have made a payment of £625 to a business in New York USA but they promised to send my product they had made so many promises to me saying if I make the payment they'll give me a tracking number to see we're my package is when I mad the payment they don't seem to answer any of my questions I've ask to speak to their boss as well but they said I can't Talk to her u have to Talk to me and I'll pass on the message I've been trying since yesterday but they don't seem to give me an answer and have stoped replaying what do I do know plz plz plz help me
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 years ago.

My name is Fran, and I will be assisting you with your question.

The fact that a business operates on Facebook is not a sign of reliability, and the fact that you sent money to a private individual rather than to a corporate account makes this company sound pretty dodgy.

Please use the reply tab below to give me the full name of the company you purchased from, their web address, snail mail address, phone number and email addrss so that I can see whether this company is legitimate.

Use the reply tab below to respond. And when you do, if you have an email address, use the word "at" instead of the @ sign. Spell out the words for the phone number instead of using numbers. This may sound silly but it is necessary to keep the site's privacy software from editing out the email and phone number.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

One one two Barr road Minerva Ohio four four six five seven United states.

Email: Affordablesalesonetwothreeatgmail.com

Whatsapp:two,three,four,zero,eight,one,two,three,six,one,four,zero,nine,six

Mobile contact: +one,(six,three,zero)five,five,seven,six,one,eight,seven.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 years ago.

I'm sorry to have to tell you that you are the victim of a scam. Nothing about this business checks out.

First of all, it's a long, long way from Brooklyn, New York to Minerva, Ohio. It is 448 miles away. Secondly, the email ddress is a generic free account and not a business account. Thirdly, the phone number has been falsified. That is, they are using software to hide their real number. The number you have given me traces to a landline in Elgin Illinois. Again, that's a far cry from Minerva, Ohio. It is 443 miles away.

112 Barr Road in MInerva, Ohio is a private residence and not a business address. It's a lakefront home presently up for sale.

Finally, if you sent the money to a private individual instead of a corporate account, that's not the legal way that business gets done over here. It's another sign of a scam. If you sent that money by wire you can kiss it goodbye.

Unfortunately, the only way you can recover your money would be if law enforcment can figure out who, what and where these thieves really are and bring them to justice. If you can find them you can sue them, but finding them, as you can see, is going to be a big problem.

You must report the fraud to the FBI at IC3.gov, to the Federal Trade Commission at FTC.gov. and to ActionFraud.police.uk.

I am very sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They have even given me a tracking number of the service they used to parcel my product would u want the tracking number and u cam see that the product is in Edinburgh scotland but I can't get their phone number so that I can Talk to them and see if they can send me my parcel@

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Www.flyerxp.com/flyers

Tracking number is XXXXXXXXXX /p>

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They have asked for another £500 to pay government stamp but I payed them 200 because they said that they will pay 200 from their side because of there mistake now they asking 500 for me to get the package what shall I do they have told me that when I'm ready to make payment let them know what shall I do

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 years ago.
All part of the scam, unfortunately.

FlyerXP is not a legitimate courier service. You're looking at a phony website (the site isn't even loading for me) and phony tracking information The WHOIS information indicates that the website is only 56 days old -- just put up long enough to fool you and others into thinking you've bought real goods and that they were shipped. You can trace the WHOIS yourself by going to www.domaintools.com and loading the flyerexp website into the searchbox. The WHOIS also indicates that the owner of hte site is using a proxy service to hide his real location and identity and that they have only registered the name for a year -- the least amount of time one can. All of this WHOIS information says, "Scam"

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. There is no shipping company. There is no parcel. There is no legitimate business you purchased from either. There are just scammers laughing all the way to the bank with your money.

You don't need a government stamp to send a parcel from the US to the UK. I send the all the time. They will keep finding reasons for you to send them more and more and more money, and if you keep sending it you are just throwing good money after bad.

You've been scammed. Stop sending the money!!! Cease all contact with them. Report it to the authorities as I indicated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How do I report them

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How do I report them and how do I get the number of the FBI HOW DO I CONTACT THEM

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 years ago.
I gave you that information already.

Contact the FBI at their Internet Crimes Complaint Center, which is at IC3.gov. File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission at FTC.gov. That's because this supposedly is a US company.

In your own country, contact your police and ActionFraud.police.uk. Trading Standards may be able to offer you some assistance as well.