Jav917
Jav917, Notary Public
Experience:  Notary Public At Large State of Florida.
5071285

Another question re International Liberty Association. 2

Another question re International Liberty Association.

2 very presentable guys made an appointment to see me - as a past contributor of a very small amount - and presented their case.
It all seems very above board but it was a quite a pressured hard-sell 35 minutes.
And it was suggested that even without giving a donation that I sign the donation form there & then because that would enable them to raise a loan ???? Is this legal or what
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I just would like to know if the organisation is legitimate or not before I donate any money to them.

Though them had much back-up video/photo/ leaflet information it seemed very dated.

I could find little Internet info as to how & where donated funds were used.

Thanks,

Elizabeth

Hello Elizabeth,

Thank you for getting back to me and providing more information. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Hello Elizabeth,

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Expert:  Jav917 replied 2 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a General Expert and I did some investigation on International Liberty Association. There is very little information out there on this organization. The problem I have is the fact that these 2 men are asking you to sign a document which gives them access to your bank account, by way of a donation form. Personally, I would not give them any information about your account numbers, bank information or sign an open document. By signing a donation form that gives them carte blanche to go into your bank accounts as it would be a donation. The fact they spent 35 mins in a high pressure situation is sending up Red flags that something is wrong with the scenario. A legitimate organization is not going to ask you to sign a blank donation document. In my opinion I would tell them you cannot and will not sign a donation form. I believe that you will be putting your bank accounts in Jeopardy by signing that form. I hope that this advise is helpful. I ahve seen many people loose their life savings by scam artists, not saying these man are that, but better not to sign the form or divulge account numbers, for your own protection. Joan

Jav917, Notary Public
Experience: Notary Public At Large State of Florida.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

just excellent!!! Thank you so much