Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

, I bought into the carbon credit market 2/3 years ago

Customer Question

Hello, I bought into the carbon credit market 2/3 years ago and to date have been unable to exit my positions mainly due to the companies concerned not b=offering 'an exit strategy'.
I have been approached by a company called Noble Rock Partners (Co. Reg 08316592) who have teir details with company accounts on the web for checking out. They have offered a very attractive price to sell my credits as an intermediatory. Could you kindly check their credibility or is this a dubious company.
Look forward to your reply.
With thanks,
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with this question.

Over the years, we have received many complaints from UK investors who were defrauded by carbon credit firms. The whole enterprise is a hotbed of scam.

Once you have been taken by a boiler room investment fraud of some kind, it is only a matter of time until you will be approached again. Typically, you will get an unsolicited call from a company that is very hot to acquire your shares. They are worthless to you because you can't pull your profit out, but that doesn't deter your caller. He makes you an offer so generous that it is mouth-watering and they generally claim that the offer will quickly disappear.

You don't get much time to dwell on this if you want to make this deal which promises to be very lucrative for you. However, It will cost you an up front fee to complete the deal, because they tell you that there is money you must pay out first to release your credits for sale because they are supposedly restricted.

Pay them and there will be another request for additional money. And then another. And another. You will lose a great deal of money and get nothing.

Yes, a Noble Rock Partners is indeed registered with Companies House, but scammers are not averse to using the names of registered companies. And even if the caller was from Noble Rock registration with Companies House is no guarantee that any particular company is reputable.

All financial regulatory agencies the world over warn prospective investors about cold callers making too good to be true investment offers. You got into difficulty in the first place by dealing with an unregulated investment firm. Noble Rock is not registered to trade with your FCA either.

And you want to read this article about Noble Rock and then report them to Actionfraud.police.uk

Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience: Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Joey,JD

Thank you for yourprompt reply which confirms the general advice about carbon credits. However,I did wonder if there was anything specific against Noble Rock Partners, ie. have they had any convictions etc.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
I have no way of accessing that information. There is no central data base of companies that have been sued. There are scam and rip-off reports on the web about their activities, but nothing that would indicate suit.

Your Financial Conduct Authority might be aware of them or, if not, should be made aware of them. For that matter, Trading Standards may have a complaint history as well. But I'm restricted here to public records and see nothing about them but complaints about unsolicited cold calling and up front fees.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay, I understand and you have set out the other approaches I can make. We can leave it there.

Thank you,Zoey

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
You're very welcome. Good luck!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Zoey,

I am happy to pay the £34 fee, how do I do this ,please.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

You already did. The site takes it up front as a good faith refundable deposit and once you have rated your expert, it processes it through and pays me.