Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I'm afraid that somebody who knows my name, date of

Customer Question

hello, I'm afraid that somebody who knows my name, date of birth and address can use my details to either get a loan or a credit card.is this possible?
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hello Adam, I am still intrested in receiving my answer and I can wait. My personal details have been compromised my date of birth, my address , and I am just worried that somone might use my details to open a new credit card or bank account or take the loan in my name. please advise

Kind Regards

Dorota

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with this question. I'm terribly sorry that i have only just now found this. I have spent the weekend away from home attending a family wedding, and between the travel and the event, my computer access has been limited. I'm back home now. If you are still in need of an answer, please let me know in which country you are located.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

heloo,I am located in Ireland. thank you

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks very much. If you gave this person any bank or credit card information, you want to close those accounts and open up new ones. Then you're going to need to contact The Irish Credit Bureau. You want first of all, to order a copy of your report. Once you obtain that, you will be able to see whether there are open accounts or loans in your name that you did not authorize. Then what you will want to do is to put a fraud alert on your credit report. With such an alert you will get notified should anyone try to take out a loan or a card in your name. If you tell that bank or credit card company that you did not authorize the opening of that account, they will not do it. The Irish Credit Bureau should be able to tell you how to accomplish such a thing in Ireland.