Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

How do you know the person on line is genuin have email

how do you know the person on line is genuin have email address and phone number  email address for the person is samantah***@******.*** lives in derbyshire ridgeway phone number *********** i do not want this person i am checking there identity

Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question.

If you are questioning whether she is genuine or not, then something she is saying or doing seems "off." That's usually a sign of a scam, since scammers are not really interested in getting to know you, and they, therefore, don't come across like regular people. They are all about rushing you too quickly into a relationship to get your money.

So, if this person is someone who is rushing you too quickly into a committed relationship, even though you have never met except via electronic contact, and if she then has to leave the UK suddenly to see about something in another country (usually Africa and frequently to collect an inheritance, though that's not the only excuse a scammer will use) she will then claim to have some kind of an emergency and reach out to you to wire thousands of pounds so that she can get back home.

Once a stranger over the net asks you for money like that, he or she is NEVER legitimate. You already suspect that because she doesn't check out.

I realize this is a very general answer, but as you and I both know, her email address and phone number don't yield any information.

If what I said above doesn't sound like what's going on between you and this person, please tell me more about her, such as what her relationship is to you and whether she's been asking you for money and why. You can upload any photos you have of her and any documents she's sent you with your reply.

Use the reply tab below to respond.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

she asked for t mobile pay as you go voucher first then two thousand to pay hotel bill then showed me copy of air line ticket , then said her goods container had been stoped by customs in south africa she had to pay 48 ,000 in tax? she asked me to help ,i told her i had no money but she still keeps emailing and texting 'she has been taken off the dating sight i found out yesterday for suspect scammer thanks dave

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
Once they start having "emergencies" and asking their online boyfriends for money, they are always scammers. Real strangers -- and that's all she is until she meets you in person -- never ask other strangers for money unless they are beggars or thieves. You know that in your everyday dealings on the street. It's no different on the web.

Internet romance scammers make you feel as if you know them because they sweep you off of your feet with a too good to be true promise of living happily ever after. But you don't know anything about them.

Here are all of the signs of a romance scammer, and I know that you've seen them already:

- the scammer reaches out to you on a dating or social networking website and she falls in love with you at first sight.

- She moves in on you and rushes the relationship towards some kind of a commitment. She pulls you off the site where you met and tells you that she wants an exclusive relationship with you via webcam, skype, Yahoo messenger, etc. She flirts with you, seduces you and teases you sexually, especially when she is talking about gifts and money.

- And as soon as she knows that she's got you all really hot and interested, she starts asking for things or money. She wants to see you but she will need plane tickets and/or a visa, and a Declaration fee or a Basic Travel Allowance. (no such thing) But then after you've paid all that, she'll have an emergency that keeps her from getting on that plane -- a car accident on the way to the airport. A legal problem with an inheritance from her late father or mother or with her job. A mugging and a trip to the hospital. A dying mother/father/sister/brother/self who can't pay hospital bills. An arrest at the airport or a problem with Customs for trying to get her goods out . These are just some of the most popular excuses. There are many others. You can see a very good list of the excuses here.

No matter what the phony excuse, however, she will say that you're her only hope to solve her problems. And all of her problems will cost you money. A lot of it. Despite that, she will never get an inch closer to boarding that plane.

- She will want the money wired via Western Union or MoneyGram, which has no protection for the sender. It's like throwing your money away.

If you send her money, she'll just come up with another emergency to ask you for more. And another. And another until you catch wise or go broke, whichever happens first.

If you want to send me a copy of this woman's photos or any other documents you have, use the reply tab below to upload them and I'll be happy to add to my answer.

Cease all contact with her and she will stop asking you for money. As long as you are willing to talk to her, she will keep asking you for money and creatiing imaginary emergencies pressing you to come up with something for you
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience: Active member of the NYS bar since 1989