29905560

Who could I phone in Denmark to put a hold on a bank transfer

Hi, who could I phone in Denmark to put a hold on a bank transfer that I made to a suspicious account?
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Can I just check what has happened so far - have you sent money from your bank via bank transfer to this Danish bank?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ben,

I thought that I bought a van through Ebay & PayPal. It turns out that the link that I was sent to pay was false. It's for a bank in Denmark (Nykredit, Hjorring, Denmark. I hope that I can put a hold on the transfer before it clears. I did it in Dublin this morning at 10.30 AM.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
SO how was the payment actually made, what exactly did you do to transfer the money?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did a "Swift Payment", essentially an electronic transfer. I have the bank account details that it was transferred to.

Account no. DK 0454790002590856

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
The issue you will find is that the bank will not just act on someone calling them and reporting potential fraud. Once the money has been transferred over to them they do not have to hold it or place any restrictions on it unless there is a formal police investigation and they have been instructed by the police to hold it or do anything else with it. Otherwise, anyone could call in and report potential fraudulent transactions without it necessarily being true and that could create a lot of disruptions. So they would only act on formal criminal reports where the police have issued specific instructions. You could of course try and call the bank directly (main switchboard number is (+45) 44 55 10 00) but as mentioned they are unlikely to act just on a report by you. So you would have to involve the police. This is not a quick process as you would have to report it to your local police first, then they will decide whether to take it further and if so, they could contact their Danish counterparts who may in turn deal with the bank on your behalf. So the money will not be held at this stage, that is very unlikely. But what the process may eventually result in is find the culprits behind this account and hold them responsible for this. I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'