29905560

I urgently need some advice. Over the last 12 months

Customer Question

I urgently need some advice. Over the last 12 months or so I have made a series of bad decisions initially beginning with a mortgage application, which included false information, details and documents. This mortgage was approved and completed September of last year (2014).
In addition to the mortgage and again over the last 12 months or so I have applied for and was accepted for a number of credit cards and unsecured/personal loans. Some in my own name and some in a relative’s name.
The relative was made aware of the credit cards in their name after the card providers made direct contact with them a few months ago. The cards were suspended for further use and with allowance to repay the balances with the minimum payment on a monthly basis until cleared.
Until 3 months ago re-payments were being maintained and up to date on all of these accounts (including mortgage). In recent months the situation has spiralled out of control and have found myself needing to take out new loans in order to keep up with repayments on all the other lines of credit.
I am now drowning in arrears of 3 or more months on ALL of these accounts and any recent applications for credit that are initially approved in principle are then retracted are undoubtedly due to the flags raised during security and fraud checks.
I should point out that I have not been contacted by police nor questioned or charged with any offence. However, I am quite sure that I am most likely already been investigated or if not then will be in the near future. My reasons for this are the following:
• Absolutely all of these lines of credit, including the cards, loans and mortgage are now months in arrears and have not been paid at all. I am unable to be approved for any further loans or credit.
• A couple of months ago I made a subject access request to both CIFAS and National Hunter which had a multiple reports of fraud and included 2 reports from my mortgage lender, who made these reports shortly after the mortgage had completed. (They have never approached me about this and I would not have been aware of any of these ‘flags’ had I not made an SAR requests.)
• A few months ago is when all of the credit card providers that provided the credit cards in a relatives name to me all ended up making direct contact with the relative alerting them to this, as they were not aware. (That all happened within a period of a few weeks)
• Protective fraud flags have been placed on their record to protect them from fraud and multiple flags and reports are on my records with CIFAS and National Hunter.
• The loans I have more recently applied for (and cards) most were initially approved in principle but then offers withdrawn following me submitted the requested information and documents to them.
I do realise the severity of the situation I am in and the terrible decisions I have made this past year. I don't think it is a matter of if I get found out but more a fact of 'when'. Whilst up until a few months ago whilst what I did was still very wrong I was able to manage the situation and keep up to date with payments. I am now unable to make any repayments at all to any of these lines of credit, (including the mortgage) and have not been able to make any payments at all on any accounts for over 3 months.
Would you be able to offer me any ideas of the how I can deal with the situation please? I appreciate it is all rather complicated and will likely be considered a serious matter.
I am now unable to continue down this path and believe I need to come forward about this situation.
I need advise on how I would need to go about doing this?
My initial thought was to present myself at a police station to disclose this information. That no longer seems an appropriate option though, since financial crime seems to belong to a completely separate division then that that a local police station would deal with. However from what I have read about the main fraud departments such as Action Fraud is that they take reports and information from people including financial companies as well as victims or members of the public and document any information and then perhaps investigate it or pass on to police to investigate. It doesn't seem that an offender can just approach these departments to report him or herself though.
Am I correct in saying that I would need to wait until Police approached me to question me in order to approach a solicitor?
As I want to 'voluntarily surrender' and confess to what I have done can I approach a solicitor now to support and help me in doing that and report it all on my behalf?
As I’m wanting to confess my guilt would that result in me not needing a solicitor to 'defend' me?
Would I have to wait until the Police started their own investigations and approach to question me before I would be entitled to get a solicitor through the legal aid scheme?
Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Thank You
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Havent we spoken about this before?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
Question was asked to a 'fraud examiner' not a law category.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I just reposted this question again under fraud examiner and it has just changed to 'Law' on my 'my questions' area. Can a fraud examiner please answer my question asap?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Alex,

Please can you repost this to the correct expert to answer, Ive tried doing this myself twice and even though I am selecting high priority I'm getting no replies and keeps defaulting to Law, It does say 4 fraud experts are online currently but I'm not getting a reply from anyone other then yourself.

Many Thanks

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.
Yes I have referred to category moderator. Please dont reply until someone else does as the system keeps coming back thinking you are stuck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So sorry to bother you again. It is now showing as fraud examiner but still under your name asking me to respond to you or have a live discussion with you by phone. Not ware what has happened.

Is my enquired something you would be able to help me with at all?

Many Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is my enquiry something you would be able to help me with at all?

Many Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is my enquiry something that you would be able to advise me on at all?

Thank You

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Alex,

Sorry to bother you again, I have sent a few messages but don't think they have been successful so will try again.

I wanted to know if you would be able to assist me with my enquired please?

Many Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Alex,

I wanted to know if you would be able to assist me with my enquiry please?

Many Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Many Thanks