29905560

I have been contacted by Claimline Direct re PPI . After a

I have been contacted by Claimline Direct re PPI . After a few questions they stated that I could be due PPi compensation but I would need to pay £495.00 for them to submit my claim. Is this a fraud? I am now very worried
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Have you paid that money?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The £495.00 has been transferred from my account which was the charge for paperwork needed to prove my claim.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

For Ben Jones

I am really confused with this system I have already been charged twice and still haven't a reply from you. Do I need to follow another system?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello sorry i was offline by the time you had replied. You have been charged twice as you appear to have posted the question on two separate occasions but I will ensure that one fee is refunded to you.
In terms of the company you are dealing with this is not necessarily fraud but there are many opportunistic companies jump on the PPI bandwagon. They would charge you fees for submitting your claim or pursuing it even though you could have made the claim yourself for free. So they are not really fraudulent but they are charging you for an unnecessary step as you could have done what they are doing for free. So they are really relying on the fact that not everyone knows how to initiate a claim it that they could do it personally for free and are offering you a service which is in many ways unnecessary. However if you have agreed to it and signed up for what they have to offer then you may be bound by their terms. I suggest you have a look at their terms to see whether you can cancel their services and get a refund or to see if you will be due a refund if they are unsuccessful with your claim. But as mentioned it is not fraud, you just could have done what they are doing yourself and saved yourself the fees.
I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'