Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I registred in a presumably UK based company with the name

I registred in a presumably UK based company with the name Prime Finance (Prime FMS) specialized in investing in the stock market. I paid US$ 8000 and discovered that responsible persons are no longer available and their phone numbers cannot be reached. I live in K.S Arabia and currently in London
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question.
How did you find out about Prime Finance? Do you have a website and/or a snail mail address. What were you supposed to get for your $8,000?
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
I was hoping to hear from you by now, but I guess because of the time difference you've not yet read my reply. I will give you a general answer and then if you have more specifics that you think you want to share with me, you can reply and I'll add to my answer.
You've walked into what's known as a boiler room investment fraud.
A boiler room fraud occurs when a so-called foreign investment firm makes unsolicited contact with you and tries very hard to interest you in what's supposed to be a lucrative financial deal. Then they run off with your money. Investment scammers are articulate and sound educated, friendly, sincere and well-informed. In reality, however, it is unlawful for legitimate brokerages to make unsolicited contact for investment purposes. Therefore, when you get contact like this, it is ALWAYS a fraud.
Financial regulatory authorities the world over warn potential investors to avoid cold calls like this because it is not how legitimate financial brokers operate.
Investing is heavily government regulated in every country. A legitimate financial firm must be registered in its own country with its country's financial regulatory authority and authorized by your own country's financial regulatory authority to trade there. If it cannot produce those credentials, it is operating outside of the law and you set yourself up for a fraud by dealing with them. Additionally you lose the protection of your own law enforcement authorities and consumer and financial protection agencies when you deal with unregulated companies.
This company does not exist in the UK and is not authorized to trade there. In fact, the UK's Financial Conduct Authority, which regulates all legitimate UK financial firms, has put an investor alert on its site warning potential investors not to deal with Prime FMS.
http://www.fca.org.uk/news/warnings/prime-financial-management-services-limited
That warning says it all. The firm is not for real. You have been scammed. You need to report the fraud to your law enforcement authorities, to the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK, and to Actionfraud.police.uk, which is the UK's national anti-fraud division.
Unfortunately, the only way you are going to be able to get your money back is if the authorities can find out who and where Prime FMS really is and bring them to justice.
I am very sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience: Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot for the clarification. I am currently in London and would like to pursue the case with the relevant police channels. In this regard, I have series of e-mails and local UK numbers for the persons claiming to work for the company. Moreover, the same voice of one of the guys has contacted advertising for a new company ( Inter-Active Broker Management, LLD) and persuading me fro investment. He went further to send copy of passport for the would be Portfolio manger. He has 2-3 contact numbers in UK.
I would appreciate sharing the contact address of the right entity in London to contact and report
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
I always find it amusing that someone would scan a passport to prove that they are a broker. Assuming that anyone would be so foolish as to scan his passport and send it off to a stranger, at best it proves only that the person who sent it is a citizen of that country. At worst, which is far more typical, the passport is only a photoshopped forgery, and usually not a good one at that. A UK financial firm must be registered with the Financial Conduct Authority. And all they need to send you is their registration number which is verifiable on line. Of course they can't do that, because there isn't one. As I indicated, Action Fraud, a division of the Metropolitan Police, is the national anti-fraud investigative agency. You will find their phone number on the upper left of their home page.