29905560

I have emailing a man 2 months he told me he was a

I have emailing a man for over 2 months he told me he was a doctor in Kabul Afghanistan very polite well educated he was on fifty plus dating site that's were I met him he's supposed to be Norwegian coming back to UK end September up until yesterday he never ask me for anything but ask yesterday for £300 in 02 top in £20 notes he gave me his name as***@******.*** said he was working as head doctor in anabah general hospital Kabul Afghanistan his mobile number is ***** I refused to give him anything he keep on emailing all day yesterday getting a bit upset and saying loads of things I have reported him to action fraud I just want this scum caught I lost my husband 2 years ago and it's hard enough without this can you please please help
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. You are right that this person is a fraudster as this is a classic example of a romance scam and you have done the correct thing by not sending money. However, the reality is that they are extremely unlikely to be dealt with or caught. They are very difficult to trace - they usually operate from internet cafes and their use cannot be tracked to a registered address where they can be identified as they just mingle with everyone else there and would also move locations frequently. Also do not depend on the Afghani authorities to do anything about this - the country has many more pressing issues that the authorities would deal with and they are nowhere near as organised as the authorities here in the UK. There is unlikely to be anything like Action Fraud over there anyway, it is just dealt with by the local police and this is not going to be anywhere near the top of their priority list. So the main thing is that you have not parted with money or been fooled by this person. You have reported them but that is the best you can do in the circumstances. I understand you want them caught and dealt with but with years of fraud experience I can advise that this is highly unlikely in the circumstances and you have done your bit already.
I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You haven't told me anything I didn't know what was £300 02 top up in £20 what is that
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
£300 top up for O2 is credit vouchers for a mobile phone but it can be used to commit further fraud as your card an be visible when you make the credit purchase
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This guy is harassing all day yesterday and is back on this morning again telling me to get money I have only given him my mobile number and my e mail address can he find out anything from them like we're I live I'm really scared
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
No do not worry about that he would have no interest in tracking you and he will just issue threats but won't act on them - he will just move on to others when it is clear he will not get anything from you.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? If your query has been dealt with please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. If you need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He still sending hate mail 11 yesterday and 6 today so far can I not get yahoo to do something about him as he's using yahoo to send mail also that dating site new he was a scammer while he was on their site and I was talking to him they didn't tell me I'm so distraut will his hate mail stop or is he trying to scare me into sending him the money my granddaughter said in a joke send him a pound
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
You can actually block his email address - how you do it depends on what email service you are using yourself, so if it is Yahoo then you can follow these steps:https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN3228.html Whatever you do do not send any money, regardless of what he says
Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'