Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Just wondering about a company in the uk called istockstation.com,is

Hi just wondering about a company in the uk called istockstation.com,is it an legitimate company?
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question.
I would be leery of this outfit, as certain things about them are suspicious.
Their domain name was only registered in March 2015, which means that their site is less than 6 months old. That's always a red flag. Additionally, their WHOIS information indicates that the registration is currently set to expire in March 201 because they only purchased their name for a year, the least amount of time one can own a domain name for. That's suspicious too, because it's much more practical to reserve the domain for years at a time, which is what legitimate business do, since they plan on sticking around for the long haul.
The IP address traces to Calais and not to the UK. The site registrant's address does not match the one on the website. You can see this by going to www.domaintools.com and looking up the WHOIS.
The company is registered with Companies House. It incorporated in December 2014. However, it is overdue with its accounts which is sign that it may have incorporated only to look legitimate while not complying with the registration requirements.
The address of 2 Woodbury Grove is virtual rather than actual and shared by many, many different businesses, and I suggest that if you need to find these folks, you won't be able to do so.
The UK does not regulate binary brokers, although there are some that are legitimate and which have registered with the UK's Financial Conduct Authority which regulates UK financial firms. istockstation, however, is not among them. You can check the register for yourself if you wish here:
http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/firmSearchForm.do
So you would be trading with an unregulated broker, and that's a very bad idea. These traders are outside of the reach of your law, make their own rules and literally anything goes. We hear horror stories all the time about unregulated binary brokers: unauthorized tradings, wildly expensive fees to withdraw earnings that only lead to more fees, and credit card fraud. Then, when you go to look for them to exercise legal remedies, you frequently find that you don't even know where they are or that they don't respond any more to your emails and aren't anywhere at all.
While I cannot say with any authority that this is a scam, they are unregulated and well set-up to run off with your money and disappear into cyberspace.
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience: Active member of the NYS bar since 1989