29905560

I have just been ripped off by a company calling their selves

I have just been ripped off by a company calling their selves windows support services.com for £80-00 telling me that I had a load of faults on my computer? over the phone they asked me if I was in front of my computer ? which I was not, but to go to my computer switch it on and that he would show me what was wrong & fix any of the issues for me for £145-00. I told him I could not afford that amount as I did not have enough money in the bank. his was reply was No problem he would go ahead & do the work for free for now. But he would contact me when the job was done to arrange a date for when I had the funds to pay him. he has been phoning me sometimes 9 or 15 times a day, till I agreed to pay him £80-00.
I have just found out that the company is under investigation for fraud as a scam company, I have asked for my money back, the Indian fellow was very rude & told me it will take 10 Weeks to repay me as that was how long it took me to pay him.
the company telephone number is *****(###) ###-#### ***** technichans name was Joseph Brown.
please can you help me with this matter.
Yours Sincerely,
Mr David Thomson. telephone *********** email***@******.***
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have been informed by a telrcommunication firm that the company Trading by the name of [email protected] services.com are phoning people up telling them they have a lot of faults on thier Computer, which is seemingly untrue.they phoned me serveral times telling me that they could fix the faults on my computer for me for £145-00. when I told them that i could not afford that amount, they agreed to do it for £80-00. which i have paid them. when I found out what they were doing I have phoned them asking forr my money back, only to be told they will not fix my Computor until I pay them the rest of the money? they also told me that they had done the work on my computer, & that it was my broadband was running slow?, I am on high fibre of 27mbs at the moment. with windows 7 preium

they have made my computer run very slow. it keeps on crashing, whenever i try to login or play any games, or search for thins on the Internet.

please can you help me get my money back, also get them closed down. also if need be arrested for Fraud. thier phone number in the u.k. is 0121(###) ###-#### ***** not know the international code. the number is ***** Birmingham in the U.K. the person who I delt with calls himself Joseph Brown.

I await your reply to this matter. I have paid one of your Solcitors £34-00 for legal help as well.

yours sincerly Mr David Thomson. (*****@******.***).

Telephone from the U.K. ***********

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
This is indeed a scam. Such types of scams are unfortunately very common these days and many unsuspecting people fall for them. The ways in which they operate are as follows:{C}· You are contacted, usually out of the blue and told that your computer has been compromised, infected by a virus or that its performance has been otherwise affected.{C}· You are offered the chance to have these issues fixed for a fee.{C}· In order to proceed you are asked to grant remote access to your computer. Once that happens they can go ahead and perform the necessary fixes.{C}· They charge you and spend a short time 'fixing' the problems In truth there is either nothing wrong with your computer or any issues were minor. What they actually do is simply run programs that are freely available on the internet and whilst they may help to an extent, they are certainly not worth the fees that you are being charged. You are effectively being sold an overpriced and worthless product. Other aims of the scam could potentially be:· Stealing credit card data that you have used to purchase the products they have sold you;· In extreme cases, they may also use the time during which they have access to your computer to try and access your personal information and carry out identity fraud. This is the exception rather than the norm but do bear that in mind. The first thing is to report this to your card company and dispute the transaction as fraud. They should hopefully place the funds on hold or try to claw them back and they could also cover you under their fraud protection compensation. If you wish to report this, all scams can be reported to Action Fraud on 0300(###) ###-####or by visiting http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report_fraud. You may also report this to your local police station as they are capable of dealing with scam reports. I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'