29905560

I have received a letter from EUROMILLIONS FIFA WORLD CUP SUPER

I have received a letter from EUROMILLIONS FIFA WORLD CUP SUPER LOTTERY saying I have won a certain amount of money and I would receive a cheque for the said amount today. Instead I received a letter from United Nations Organisation saying that the said fund after due investigation was contrary to Article 102 section 36 sub section 1V of the 1996 bank and other financial Institution Decree (BOFID) guiding against transfer 0f funds without an International Clearance Invoice of source of fund from the United Nations Monitoring Unit on all International Monetary transaction related matter. It is unfortunate that the above referenced fund was transferred without proper consultation with this agency for the official attachment of International Clearance invoice on source of fund.This is in line with the bi-lateral agreement reached between UN,US and the EU. after the Sept 2001 bombing of the Trade Centre and London. The agreement states that over a certain amount must be cleared by this Agency prior to transfer therefore fund not cleared by this agency will be confiscated and sent to the World Bank headquarters for further clarification. Hereby I am advised to apply for the above Clearance certificate in person or my delegate or representative to procure the above document on my behalf as failure to comply with these directives the wire transfer will be revoked. Subsequently, your cheque has been placed on Temporary hold pending when you settle the clearance charge of 1% of the winning fund. I have spoken to Freedom financial corporation who I had to contact for processing the cheque and I was told to get £2,500 in cash from my bank and ring him back and he would tell me how to get the cash to him. This is when alarm bells rang that is why I am contacting you. He said he was negotiating to get the clearance required. Thanking you.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. This is a widely recognised scam so do not be fooled by it. FIFA has never run any lotteries and never will. The scammers are just using this well known name to make it look legitimate but it is far from that. It is better known as an advance-fee fraud where you are promised an inexistent amount of money but before you are able to receive it you are required to pay a fee or taxes or for clearance certificates like on your case. This is total nonsense and certainly not anything that exists or that would be required. If you pay the money that would be the last time you see it and you are guaranteed not to get the promised amount. So do not proceed with this any further, cease all contact and do not pay anything.
I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'