29905560

If I have been conned, and have the perpetrators email

If I have been conned, and have the perpetrators email address, website and bank account details is this enough to get back my money back/open an investigation?

They care claiming to be a betting company but clearly are not registered.

Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How were you conned exactly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It seems like it was a ponzi scheme. http://www.sportstradenetwork.com/

They led me to believe they were a regulated betting company. By the looks of things they are totally untraceable. I have their bank details but I understand the banks dont do anything with things like this.

David

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
How did you pay the money?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It was via a bank transfer. What are you thoughts?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
If you paid via bank transfer it would be extremely difficult to get any money back via the bank or any other means. There is no protection against fraud and it is basically the same as ending cash – once it has been transferred it is as good as gone. It is not the same as sending money by paying on a credit card, where much better protection exists. What you can do with the details you have may help the authorities to try and track the perpetrators, there is no guarantee they will get any money back from them to compensate you. It depends on so many factors, such as how easy they are to track down, if they have any assets which can be used to recover the money, how much effort they put into pursuing these conmen, etc. So you never have any guarantee of getting any money back and you are really putting this in the hands of the police as to how far it goes and if anything is recovered. If you wish to report this, all scams can be reported to Action Fraud on 0300(###) ###-####or by visiting http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report_fraud. You may also report this to your local police station as they are capable of dealing with scam reports. After that it is in their hands as mentioned so you will have to wait and see whether it is possible to locate the fraudsters and also recover anything from them. I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay I thought as much. Thanks

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome and sorry if it was not necessarily the news you were hoping for. If your original question has been answered I would be grateful if you could please quickly rate my answer by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page - it only takes a second to do and is an important part of our process. I can still answer follow up questions afterwards if needed. Thank you
Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'