Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I have already payed them 4 grand , and they are now asking

I have already payed them 4 grand , and they are now asking for 3 grand more at 500 pound fortnight or they will publish pictures of me to face book and newspapers, have I left it tool late???
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question.

Do not send any money.

I assume the photos involved are sexually explicit or compromising somehow.

First of all, it is not unlawful for you to send compromising pictures of yourself to a consenting adult. Secondly, if they are threatening to expose you if you don't send money, this is blackmail, and it is a criminal offense for which they can and should be reported and prosecuted.

I have answered a question like this many times on this site. If you have never met this person anywhere except on line it is NEVER safe to send explicit photos or have explicit web cam sex with any stranger. That's because there are scammers who pretend to be interested in you romantically and sexually, but are really only looking to set you up for blackmail.

Despite all of their threats, however, a blackmailer like this doesn't get a thing out of publishing your pictures to anyone else. The only thing they want is to scare you into paying the money they ask for. But if you do that, as you have already learned, they will just keep asking you for more, and you will never get out from under the fear of them all the rest of your life.

On the other hand, if you choose not to paythem , they get nothing from you at all, and even if they do carry out the threat, they still have no further power over you.

YOU SHOULD NOT PAY THESE PEOPLE ANY MONEY. That's the only way to stop THEM. This is blackmail, pure and simple, and extortion is a felony. You need to immediately contact your local police and report this as a crime. If she's an online contact you have never met, you can contact Actionfraud.police.uk.

So to recap for you:

- it will do you no good at all to send money to this person. If you do, you will be giving them the power to control the entire rest of your life. Hang on to your money.

- you need to cease contact immediately with them and go straight to your law enforcement authorities and report the crime.

- if you call their bluff and cease all contact, they may do absolutely nothing because exposing you doesn't make them any money and she has no hold on you any more.

- if she carries out her threats, you will have gotten to the police first with your evidence.

If she publishes your photo on the web, you can contact the webhost and get the picture taken down, or do so through a solicitor.

Explicit photos are NOT allowed on Facebook or in newspapers. Photos that get posted along those lines can be taken down as a term of service violation.

Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience: Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you need email address of scammer and any names . email address
Is***@******.***. Telephone number 00233549527722. Ghana. Number Names Mensah Atta. Senior. Georgina Sam Martha Sam. And is using a stolen identity Called. Vida Adamoka
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

No, I don't need names. No matter who, what or where he claims he is, his activity is strictly unlawful. These names will be archived here in case someone else has the same situation. But this information is what you will need to give to law enforcement.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I block them on all my accounts ??
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
Yes, because if you don't, they will just keep trying to scare you and to manipulate you into paying more money. Usually, when they can't reach you, they'll do nothing at all but move on to someone else they can make pay up. You are not the only person they are blackmailing. You are dealing with professional thieves who are hiding out in cyberspace and making a nice living setting innocent people up for blackmail.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
If they have pictures, you can occasionally do a search by image via google to see if that photo appears on the web. Then you can contact the website to get it taken down. Google Search by Image can be found here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have one more question they have also obtained through face book names and numbers of all my contacts and also threatened to publish material to them How do I get over that??
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
Tell your facebook friends not to accept friend requests from this person and then to block him because he's a scammer. Then he cannot post anything to them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. A lot of what they say is just to scare you. Facebook doesn't give out addresses and phone numbers. Scammers may have your contact names, but there's nothing much they can do with that except contact them on Facebook, for which your friends would have to grant permission by accepting a friend request.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Excellent service thank you for your help
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

Thank you so much for the kind words and the bonus.