Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Vera zimina Russia Kazan 420097 st zinnia 5 -44 it this a

Customer Question

vera zimina
Russia Kazan 420097 st zinnia 5 -44
it this a scamer
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, You cannot tell a scammer by just a name. Scammers change names as often as you change your socks in order to stay one step ahead of law-enforcement. Has she ask you for money. If so, that's a good sign of fraud. What else can you tell me about her? Do you have any photos of her that you can upload with your reply so that I can see if those photos have been used before in other scans
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have been talking for the past 9 months and now needs help to visit u k 1000 euros for visa which she says will be returned ?
as it is needed for visa she will arrange her own flights ect
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the reply. I am very sorry for the delay, but I have been away from the computer. Her photos did not get a hit with photo recognition software. That doesn't mean she is legitimate. It only means the pictures probably weren't downloaded from the web. The passport photo, however, looks to be a Photoshop job. There are a couple of reasons that it does not appear to be legitimate. First of all, the signature does not in any way match the person's name. Secondly, the second line of code down at the bottom of the page, does not conform to the specifications of bona fide Russian passports on the web. You can see what I mean by looking at the bot***** *****ne of this one and comparing it to yours. Also, the fee of 1000 euros is well in excess of what she would need to be able to visit you in the UK. You can check this out for yourself here Since romance scams abound and since Russia is a high-scam country, I would suggest telling her that you will be willing to make arrangements for her to pick up the money from you at the UK Embassy or Consulate. In that way, she'd have to show legitimate identification to get the money for her visa. If she balks at that, it's because she doesn't have legitimate proof and is simply a scammer.