29905560

Out of the blue we got a call from a Mr. Morales in Spain telling

Out of the blue we got a call from a Mr. Morales in Spain telling us that the court case we were involved in to try and get our money back that went belly up a couple of years ago is now finalised and he is now the appointed agent for the pay outs through an English trustee firm. ZL Consultants. They say we can go over to Spain and deal with all the legal departments, or we can nominate Mr Morales for a fee of £717.67. and he will do the business. The money we pay must be by bank transfer to a British bank not a credit card. The release of our refunded money will be on 27th November. Please help. is this a scam?
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Do you have any more details on this person, for example does he work for a specific company?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have an e.mail from him headed; Moralrs y Garcia notaries SL.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please note that my e.mail address is *****@******.*** please send your answer to this address. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
This certainly appears to be a scam. This story has been used numerous times before by fraudsters and people fall for it because they are tempted to get their case resolved and see this as a light at the end of the tunnel. My main concern is that they have asked you for money in advance and for it to be paid by bank transfer. The most common way to spot the scam is that they would ask you for money in advance of receiving anything – a legitimate law firm would not do that and they may invoice you once you have used their services, or they could ask you to authorise they keep a share of the money they get for you. Also by using a bank transfer you get no fraud protection and once the money is sent it cannot be retrieved. Finally, I have managed to find no trace of the law firm they have said they are working for so it does not appear to be legitimate or even exist. I would steer clear of them. I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'