Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

We have been contacted by 1-2-1 mediation group in spain alleging

we have been contacted by 1-2-1 mediation group in spain alleging they have got a percentage of our money back from incentive leisure, they have asked us to pay their fees of £1,596.40 before they release the money of £17,000 to us, is this legal or is it a scam
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, When victims have been previously scammed, the scammers always come back to them with new identities and try to take advantage of them all over again. The most common way that they do this is just to pretend to be an agency or a company or a law firm that can get them their money back. For an upfront fee of course. And then another. And another. And another. And another. Until you figure out that you are being taken all over again. Any legitimate company who can recover the money you lost Will take its fees from what they recover for you as a percentage of that. They will not ask for money upfront so this is going to be another scam If you have a website for this so-called firm I will check them out, but since this is a pattern we see over and over again with scams, I already know what I am likely to find. Hey no money you will you will be throwing it away
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the website is elitelitigation.org, email is *****@******.*** and senior administrators name is***** thank you

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay. I was away from the computer. I have checked out the website and I stand by what I said to you in the first place. First of all there is no such website as elitelitigation.org. If you run the WHOIS for that site, you will find out that the domain name is ***** ***** purchase and that the site has never been registered. You can see this for yourself by going to www.domaintools.com and looking up the WHOIS for yourself. Spain is so notorious for this particular kind of fraud that there are warnings advising foreigners to avoid unsolicited contact from people supposedly from Spain and passing themselves off as lawyers or law firms. You can see one such warning here, and it tells you how to check a Spanish lawyer/law firm out conclusively before you enter into any so-called contract with one. Also you can read a scam report about this company here. Pay no money. They will just steal it. This is not a real company.
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience: Active member of the NYS bar since 1989