Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Lady from New York as been in touch with me 3 months

Lady from New York as been in touch with me for about 3 months all going well then she say she needs £3000 pound's to clear her car deal with the Chinese . Said she sent 480 cars there I think it is a scam but not sending money no way could you tell me what you think thank you
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I agree with you 100%. If she's a real businesswoman who imports/exports cars on that level internationally, she doesn't need your money. She's a fraud just trying to make you think she's a successful businesswoman in order to have an excuse to steal £3,000 of your money. It's ridiculous to think that an experienced businessperson would walk into a deal like this without the funds to complete it or that she/her company wouldn't have credit. She certainly wouldn't have to borrow money from a stranger, which is all she really is. Unless/until you have actually met someone in person and established an in-person dating relationship, anyone professing love to you over the internet and in a jam requiring your money is a scammer. The money request is the #1 sign of a romance scam. No legitimate person looking for a romantic relationship would try to impress a stranger by asking him for his money. It's just not something that anyone real would do. Report the fraud to Actionfraud.police.uk and, because she claims to be an American, to the FBI at IC3.gov, which is their internet crime complaint center. Cease all contact with the scammer. She's not who, what or where she says she is, and she's not going to admit she's a thief. If you met her on a dating site or a social networking site such as Facebook, you should report her in order to get her profile taken down.
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience: Active member of the NYS bar since 1989