29905560

I am Galina...i would like to find out is the oerson i contacting real or not..his name

hi I am Galina...i would like to find out is the oerson i contacting real or not..his name Jeff Snifford
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified solicitor and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Can you please explain your situation in a bit more detail?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i met him on Tagged...he works at Granite Construktor...in New Zealand but now he is in Malaysia..he born in Beka Slovenia..has two kids ...divorsed..family live in US..he ask me to send him a phone but two weeks later ask for money..because lost his bank card and not able to by a food
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i want to know is he a real person or scammer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he clames to be Jeff Snifford
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
I hope you understand that you will not be able to find out if he is real or not just by having his name and not having met him in person. So a guaranteed answer is not something you can really get. But in these situations one would look at what has happened so far and compare with a list of 'red flags' that often occur in scams. That is where you make a decision whether it is more likely than not that he is not genuine. Is that ok?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you find out is he studied Civil Enginiering at Albany State University
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
I think you misunderstand what we can and can't do - we are not private investigators. At present you have a name, which I must sake looks like it is fake and does not belong to the person you are dealing with. So finding out such personal details is likely impossible
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if name fake how he could get a phone from the post office with name Jeff Snifford
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
fake ID - it's how it is usually don, not very difficult.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
probably you are right...because i asked to show me his passport he could not to show
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what you woud advice me to do now
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Stop all contact. This whole story is very typical of a scam. A person who for some reason is in a country where scammers usually operate from. Malaysia is one of them. The likelihood is that this person is not Jeff Snifford but a local Malaysian scammer who has chosen this identity to make it more believable and has made up reasons as to how this foreigner ended up in that country - but it is a local person operating the scam from there. The biggest red flag here is that he has been asking you for money and other things like the phone - this is exactly what scammers do. You can't really recover anything you have sent but you can make sure you do not lose anything further by simply stopping all contact with them and leaving this behind you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok..thank you very much
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'