29905560

My name is***** just recently I received

Hello, My name is***** just recently I received a email from Lloyds bank***** London saying that a Raymond Reskelly died about 4 years ago leaving me a inheritance of £20.5 million, to which I must claim to inherit this sum of money. The email writer of this email Ryan Boswell works at the Lloyds bank and says he wants 45% of the total sharing 45% with me and 10% to charity. The solicitors in question from Lloyds bank wanted £20,000 upfront to take on the legalisation of the fund with another £30,000 to complete. My response was that I had not that sort of cash to pay anyone for legalisation. So they suggested the fund be sent to Madrid, Spain. Now I would have to get to Madrid with a AIRWAY BILL of 13200 Euros to settle in CASH. I did this and was shown a chest FULL of 100 dollar bills in a secure lock up not so far away from Madrid airport. I was given 1 x 100 USD bill to take away to show the money was genuine. As I only had a 2 night stay in Madrid to do all the business of signing and setting up a bank account to transfer cash to my bank in UK. The Monday 9/11/2015 was a public holiday in Madrid and I had to fly back to UK that evening so no business was done, but they a Mr ***** *****, Director Foreign Operations, Associated Securities & Cargo Solutions, Madrid, Spain. tel. 0034 631 850 767, said they would set everything up for me and there was nothing to worry about, have faith in us. 2 days ago I received communication asking me for a sum of 54,900 euros in cash to settle the Legalisation of my fund which the Ministry of Finance had insisted should be paid with 7 days or by 18/11/2015. The fund has now been transferred to The Treasury of The Banco De Espana. I know that there takes place a legalisation of funds in certain countries , but I have no funds of any quantity to finance this even if it was real. What is your opinion please, John Reskelly
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Do you have the email address of the people you have been corresponding with
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***@******.***
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, thank you for getting back to me. This is most definitely a scam, albeit an elaborate one. Such types of scams, better known as ‘advance-fee fraud’ are unfortunately very common these days and many unsuspecting people fall for them.
The ways in which such scams operate are as follows:
• You are contacted, usually out of the blue, and promised a large sum of money from an inheritance. The usual story is that you have a long-lost relative that has left money in their will, or a stranger has named you as a beneficiary in their will.
• Before you are entitled to receive this sum of money, you are asked to pay certain fees, such as legal costs, administrative costs, taxes, etc. This is the advance-fee part of the scam. In reality, if you would not be expected to pay any fees upfront and the reasons stated are not genuine. None of the requests made are for genuine reasons. If there really was such an inheritance then these fees would be taken out of that, not ask you to pay these in advance.
• You may have done the whole trip and seen the ‘money’ but this is not genuine. Only one of these bills would have been real, it would have all been faked.
• This Associated Securities Cargo is something which was only created last month, on 10 October to be precise. It was registered by a person in Nigeria, where these types of scam usually originate from.
DO NOT proceed any further with this. DO NOT send any information and certainly do not send money if asked to. Cease all contact with the other party and do not communicate any further with them. If you let temptation get the better of you, I can guarantee that you will lose a lot of money in the process and get not z single penny back.
If you wish to report this, all scams can be reported to Action Fraud on 0300(###) ###-####or by visiting http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report_fraud. You may also report this to your local police station as they are capable of dealing with scam reports, although they will rarely get involved unless you have suffered any losses.
I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? If your query has been dealt with please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. If you need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you.
Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'