29905560

Recently I tried to apply loan and and been searching

Hi, Recently I tried to apply for a loan and and been searching online for poor credit loan companies. I received a call a few days later and the company told me I was eligible for a loan to which I was asked to pay £190 to help with transfer fees which I was told to would be refunded. This then became the usual routine with them continuously asking me to transfer sums via Western union until I was left £926 out of pocket. ever since my last transfer the number I dial no longer is being answered and the last time I got through to request my money back the number is ***** longer active. I would like some advice on how I could get my money back as I contacted Action Fraud and reported but nothing is being done.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello where was this company based?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Based in Liverpool
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, sorry I was offline by the time you had replied. It does certainly appear that this is a scam as you were asked for an advance payment and also they wanted you to pay via Western Union, which is often used by fraudsters. The issue with that is they do not really offer any fraud protection so once the money has been sent and withdrawn, it is the same as sending them cash in the post – it is gone. It is not like if you had paid via credit card where the card provider would be jointly responsible and potentially issue a refund. Therefore, such scams are extremely difficult to pursue and get any money back from. You have already reported this to Action Fraud but there is only so much they can do and it is in their hands as to whether it is possible to trace these people and get any money back from them. If AF cannot help then you are really looking at only one option and that is to take the company to court. However, bear in mind that it does not guarantee getting the money back – even if you win, you will have to try and enforce the payment and they could try and evade such action, taking you on a wild goose chase whilst you still continue spending money on the enforcement methods. The sad truth is that over 90% of scams end up with the scammers winning and getting away with it. I don’t want to sound negative but I do have to be honest and provide a realistic opinion. This is your basic legal position. I have more detailed advice for you in terms of the exact steps you must follow to take this down the legal route, which I wish to discuss so please take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far (by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars) and I can continue with that and answer any further questions you may have. Don’t worry, leaving a rating will not close the question and we can continue this discussion. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question and if you need me to discuss the next steps in more detail In the meantime please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. The question will not close and I can continue with my advice as discussed. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks for getting back to me. What about the fact that they made about 6 transactions trying to send me money to withdraw and send again via Western union which resulted in my bank blocking my account would this not be evidence and possibly shed's light on the location of the fraudsters?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
It may but that is something which only the police/Action Fraud can investigate further. For example the bank may be able to find out but due to data protection rules they cannot disclose that information to you and they can only go and disclose it if there is a formal investigation by the authorities. So that is what I meant by saying this is in their hands. Hope this clarifies?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats fine, Thanks Ben you have been helpful.regards
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome. If your original question has been answered I would be grateful if you could please quickly rate my answer by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page - it only takes a second to do and is an important part of our process. I can still answer follow up questions afterwards if needed. Thank you
Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'