Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I sent £2,000 to www.tb-options.com who claimed they are registered

I sent £2,000 to www.tb-options.com who claimed they are registered at FCA register and do currency trading. They are now refusing to return my money and making excuses. On 25 November I instructed them to close my account, not do any transactions and return my money. They are refusing to return. I have since discovered they are not registered with FCA
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, The FCA register is available on line and it is searchable. Don't take the claims of any so-called broker ever, without making sure that they have the authority to offer their services in the UK. Your government doesn't register binary brokers, though some have voluntariy come forward to register themselves. This is because governments generally feel that binary option trading is closer to gambling than it is to investing. As a result, the overwhelming number of binary brokers are not regulated at all. A huge percentage of them are outright scams, operating from someplace, who knows where off-shore and making all their own rules. We get complaints all the time from people who lost all of their "investment" to unauthorized trades like yours. If you can find these folks you can sue them for the return of your funds, assuming that the actions they took are in violation of the contract you had with them. But finding them is usually a job for law enforcement. www.tb-options.com is a new site. Accordiing to its WHOIS information, its domain name wasn't registered until July 2015. So this firm is 4 months old. Its IP address traces to the US. But the site owner has provided the following information about his identity and location: Admin Name: lee dentonAdmin Organization: tb solutionsAdmin Street: 34 Pollards Oak CrescentAdmin City: OxtedAdmin State/Province: OxtedAdmin Postal Code: RH8 0JQAdmin Country: GBAdmin Phone: +44.7466519426 According to Companies House, a company named TB Solutions, Ltd was incorporated on 2 March 2015. It is company # ***** and its address is C/O Tony Bartlett, 16, Hadrian Road, Morecambe, Lancashire, LA3 3BX. Neither of these addresses match the address listed on the website itself, which is a virtual rather than an actual address in London, and I have no way of ascertaining whether any of these names and addresses are real. However, you can consult with a solicitor about taking legal action and now have possible ways to find this company. Most likely, however, the information listed will not check out, and you'll have to turn over everything to actionfraud.police.uk and hope you can bring them to justice.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can Actipn Fraud get their website closed down? And their bank account frozen? I have details
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply. Actionfraud is the police and the UK's national fraud reporting center. If they cannot close the site and freeze the account themselves, I am sure they can see to it that the appropriate authorities are notified so that this would occur.
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience: Active member of the NYS bar since 1989