Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Company name Streamline financial LLC in iowa is ligitmate

Customer Question

Company name Streamline financial LLC in iowa is ligitmate company or a scammers
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 11 months ago.
Hello, Did this company reach out to you out of the blue and make you an attractive investment offer?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No i came to know person named Tim Wolf of Streamline financial llc
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Through Linkedin
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have applied for project loan behalf of my client for their project in USA after reciving LOI client has some doubts we just want to know is it a ligit company
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I still have not received any reply either here or on my email
Sorry for the delay. Sometimes you have to be patient as I have more than one customer asking follow ups. Also, some matters have to be researched. Many of LinkedIn profiles are self generated and fraudulent. Please give me a moment to see what I can research about the company. If you have a website for them, that would be helpful as well.
Streamline Financial LLC was incorporated lawfully back in Iowa on March 31, 2006. While scammers may register a company with the state, they let them quickly go inactive once they've run their scam. The fact that this company has been around for this long and is still showing as an active company doing business in the state is a high indicia of legitimacy. You can see what information the government has on them here. The Iowa Secretary of state performs the same function with businesses as Companies House does in your country. That is, it keeps the filings and annual tax records for lawful companies in the state. The contact information on their website matches the information that they registered with the state of Iowa 9 years ago. I am a bit concerned about the website, however, which was only launched on September 24, and then for a year only, which traces to British Columbia rather than to the US and which is using an Australian private proxy service to hide its owner and actual location. All of that looks suspicious to me. You can see that here. I don't see any scam reports about the company, and if it's 9 years old, that's a very good thing. But the website raises red flags, and I'm not 100% certain why an established company would take so long to go online and why it wouldn't protect its domain for longer than a year. It's awfully fishy. I'm wondering if the people you're in touch with have "borrowed" the name of a reputable business in order to commit fraud. You should check this company with the Iowa State Attorney General's office to see what they know about this company. The company is unknown to the Better Business Bureau -- not necessarily a bad thing but it's normally a great source to check out a business. You could also run a check on them with Dun and Bradstreet. That's not free of charge, but it will give you more about the company. I'm unable to find anyone named Tim Wolf of Streamline. Can you link me to that page?