Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Please say if i am in danger of being a victim of fraud by

Please say if i am in danger of being a victim of fraud by a compant called Global Direct Marketing. I have been notified that I am able to claim a share of o large sum of money in US Dollars if i claim on a form giving my VISA details tp pay for processing and handling fees of £13.00 and quoting the following PRN number###-##-####LC2018UK1. I have been in receipt of a similar type of offer but that asked for a sum of over £1500. The current offer seems more resonable and, therefore, might be legitimate. Please advise.
Patrick Wollocombe
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, This is NOT legitimate, and it is a scam we have had reported to us several times before. When you already are entitled to money, you NEVER have to pay to get what's already yours. This is simply a way to get your Visa details, so they can run up debt using your credit card if you are unwise enough to give it to them. Don't let the fact that they are only asking for £13 fool you. It's still an up front fee but designed to fool you into doing what they ask of you. If you take the bait, they will ask for more money the next time and, as i have already told you, help themselves to your credit. If you responded and gave them your card, call your carrier, cancel it, and open up a new one. Then, whether you have given them the information they want or not, report the fraud to actionfraud.police.uk.
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience: Active member of the NYS bar since 1989