Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I have had some emails regarding orders that I have not placed.

Customer Question

I have had some emails regarding orders that I have not placed. can I send you one of the emails?
Category: Fraud Examiner
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have had some emails regarding orders that I have not placed. can I send you one of the emails
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 11 months ago.
Hello, Can you explain what's going on in some more details so that I can see if this is in the proper category? You can copy and paste the text of one of these emails to with your reply.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have had emails I think from amazon regarding orders I have not placed .I will try to paste one for you
.Amazon Your Orders | Your Account | Amazon.co.uk
Order Confirmation
Order #026-4236390-5365137
Dear "***@******.*** ",
Thanks for your order. We’ll let you know once your item(s) have dispatched. Your estimated delivery date is indicated below. You can view the status of your order or make changes to it by visiting Your Orders on Amazon.co.uk.
Your estimated delivery date is:
Friday 8, 2016Your delivery option:
One-Day DeliveryYour delivery preference:
Dispatch item(s) as soon as they become available.Issues with this transaction?
You have 2 days from the date of payment to cancel the transaction and get refund.
Cancel Transaction
Your order will be sent to: *****
7 Stockley Close
Holbury
Southampton, Hants SO45 2HQ
United Kingdom
Order Details
Order #026-4236390-5365137
Placed on January 04, 2016
Solar Powered Ceramic Decorative Stone Light
Condition: New
Sold by Garden Selections
£26.99
Set of 3 - Solar Powered Led Branch Lights
Condition: New
Sold by Focalmart
£25.90
Item Subtotal: £52.89
Postage & Packing: £0.00
Order Total: £52.89
Selected Payment Method: VISA
Issues with this transaction?
You have 2 days from the date of payment to cancel the transaction and get refund.Cancel Transaction
Need to make changes to your order? Visit our Help page for more information and video guides.
We hope to see you again soon.
Amazon.co.uk
Fulfilled By Amazon (usually referred to as FBA) items are generally sold by third-party sellers but stored in an Amazon Fulfilment Centre and sent to you from there. Items which are sold by Warehouse Deals are also labeled Fulfilled by Amazon. Warehouse Deals is a trading name for Amazon EU Sarl, and is part of the Amazon.com group.
Unless otherwise noted, items sold by Amazon EU Sarl are subject to Value Added Tax based on country of delivery in accordance with the EU laws on distance selling. If your order contains one or more items from a seller other than Amazon EU Sarl, it may also be subject to VAT, depending upon the seller's business policies and the location of their operations. Learn more about VAT and seller information.
If your item(s) are purchased from Amazon Marketplace, the seller may request additional information such as the VAT number or your VAT code, in order to issue a valid invoice.
This e-mail is only an acknowledgement of receipt of your order. Your contract to purchase these items is not complete until we send you an e-mail notifying you that the items have been dispatched.
Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that can't accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.
This is not my order.
Regards Rodney
Thank you for the prompt reply. All email from the real Amazon greets you by your full name and not by your email address. This is a scam and a way to phish for your personal information and/or make you click on a link that will infect your computer with spyware and allow hackers to get into your computer and all of your accounts. I have seen this scam before. Do NOT click on links in this email. Instead, do you actually have an account with Amazon.co.uk? If so, you can go to Amazon.co.uk (don't click on links in that email), log into your Amazon account and click on "Your Account" right on the site. Then you can see your recent order history. If the items in the email don't show up in your actual Amazon account order history, then you know that the letter is a scam of the sort I've told you about above, and you can just delete the email and not worry about it. If you have no Amazon account, what is the sender's email address on the From line of the email? If you click on reply, what is the address that shows on the "to" line of the email? Do the "from" and "to" addresses match? If they don't, it's definitely not from Amazon.