29905560

Can you help me I had a email from Steven A Adolo a solicitor

can you help me I had a email from Steven A Adolo a solicitor at law and attorney to late Engr .D Manning from BP 3658 Lome Togo
asking me if I knew him saying their could be some money too came to me
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 11 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Have they asked you to do anything yet?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
yes they have asked me for my name, date of birth mobile ,occupation and address
This looks like a typical scam although you may have to give it a bit of time to confirm that. Such types of scams, better known as ‘advance-fee fraud’ are unfortunately very common these days and many unsuspecting people fall for them. The ways in which such scams operate are as follows:{C}· You are contacted, usually out of the blue, and promised a large sum of money from an inheritance. The usual story is that you have a long-lost relative who has left money in their will, or a stranger has named you as a beneficiary in their will.{C}· Before you are entitled to receive this sum of money, you are asked to pay certain fees, such as legal costs, administrative costs, taxes, etc. This is the advance-fee part of the scam. In reality, if you would not be expected to pay any fees upfront and the reasons stated are not genuine. You may not have been asked to do so yet but it is just a matter of time and often this request is made right at the last minute, once they have gained your trust.{C}· Another clue is the dubious methods by which you are expected to pay that money. Usually it is through Western Union, Moneygram, or by buying pre-paid cards or vouchers. All methods are commonly used by fraudsters as the recipient is extremely difficult, if not impossible to trace. I would try and check the legitimacy of the lawyer you have been conversing with but unfortunately Togo does not have an online public register of its lawyers so that is not possible. In any event, I would strongly suggest that DO NOT proceed any further with this. DO NOT send any information and certainly do not send money if asked to. Cease all contact with the other party and do not communicate any further with them. Alternatively, if you are not convinced, then proceed at your own risk but remember that as soon as the request for money comes in it is practically guaranteed that this is a scam. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thank you Ben I have my doubt will not be sending them any money
You are welcome, all the best