29905560

TOLD THAT I HAVE WON 3RD PLACE OF £ 73000 FROM THE POST CODE

TOLD THAT I HAVE WON 3RD PLACE OF £ 73000 FROM THE POST CODE LOTTERYTHE AGENT WAS FROM WESTGATE FINANCIAL CONSULTANTS BY THE NAME OF ROGER ANDREAS I HAVE JEST HAD A LETTER ON THE DAY THE CHECK SHOULD BE HERE STATEING I MUST SEND ONE%OF THE WINNINGS WHICH IS ACLEARANCE CHARGE I THINK THIS MUST BE A SCAM
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Have you sent the money yet?
Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - Have you sent the money yet?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no I was suspicios when thy asked
This is a scam. Such types of scams, also known as ‘advance-fee fraud’ are unfortunately very common these days and many unsuspecting people fall for them. The ways in which such scams operate are as follows:{C}· You are contacted, usually out of the blue, and informed you have won a lottery or other draw. However, you cannot win unless you have consciously bought a ticket or entered it in some way - no one just gives money away like that. Also there is no such thing as the Postcode lottery, it is fake.{C}· Before the prize materializes, you are asked to pay a sum of money for various reasons, usually as a clearance fee, administrative costs, taxes, etc. This is the advance-fee part of the scam. In reality, a genuine winner would never have to pay anything in advance to get their winnings. You may not have been asked to do so yet but it is just a matter of time and often this request is made right at the last minute, once they have gained your trust. DO NOT proceed any further with this. DO NOT send any information and certainly do not send money if asked to. Cease all contact with the other party and do not communicate any further with them. If you wish to report this, all scams can be reported to Action Fraud on 0300(###) ###-####or by visiting http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report_fraud. You may also report this to your local police station as they are capable of dealing with scam reports, although they will rarely get involved unless you have suffered any losses. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'