Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Have been informed "Go Fund Me" Campaign has been reported

Customer Question

Have been informed "Go Fund Me" Campaign has been reported as "you know this campaign is breaking the Law"
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 8 months ago.
Hello, Can you provide more details?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry not too many! In Uk Organisation promises to help youngsters raise funds to help their dreams for sport etc for sponsership but I have seen posted in UK a Report for Fraud saying this Campaign is Breaking The Law. I have a friend who has a young close relative involved in this and also with STRIPE for financial dealings which are also looking suspicious.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry not too many! In UK Organisation promises to help youngsters raise funds to help their dreams for sport etc for sponsership but I have seen posted in Uk a Report for Fraud saying this Campaign is Breaking The Law. I have a friend who has a young close relative involved in this and also with STRIPE for financial dealings which are also looking suspicious.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 8 months ago.
Hello, Gofundme.com is legitimate. The website is accredited by the Better Business Bureau and it is an effective means of raising funds for personal and charitable purposes. That said, it's a venue. Anyone can use the site to set up his or her own go fund me campaign just as anyone can, for example, open up a facebook account or put a profile on a dating website. Gofundme's terms of service specify that they do not verify the individual campaigns. They rely on site users to report frauds, just the way Facebook and other venues do. So it is indeed possible that some campaigns are fraudulent. If you suspect that, you would report it to Gofundme.com as well as report the fraud to Actionfraud.police.uk
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 8 months ago.
This question is showing up on my list as in need of a response, but you do not appear to have replied to my last answer. If you posted a follow up to my answer, please do so again because I do not see one.