Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Is kulsped transfer logistics gmbh based in Germany and

Hello is kulsped transfer logistics gmbh based in Germany and real company, I paid money into a English bank for a car Whitchurch they said was an escrow account, had lots of emails with them but now have stopped thank you ron
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 9 months ago.
Hello, There is no such business as kulsped transfer logistics in the German corporate register. No mention of them even turns up in a Google search. Unfortunately, you have fallen for a car scam. Here's how it works: You see a desirable vehicle in an online advertisement , online dealer, or online auction. The cost is way below its book value. The seller is typically either out of your part of the country or advertising it from abroad. He won't let you come and inspect the vehicle, nor will he allow an agent of yours to come see it on your behalf. He may say that he's in the military and about to be deployed, in the midst of relocating or traveling out of the country, but whatever his excuse, there is no possible way you or your agent can come and inspect what you are looking to buyBut don't worry, he assures you. The car is just great and you will be able to have 5 days to inspect it during which time you can send it back. Meanwhile, your money will be held by an escrow agent , while you look it over. If you decide to get the car, he tells you that the agent will then release your money to the seller. The seller to close may even "throw in" the cost of shipping and insurance, to sweeten the deal because he is in such a hurry to close it.You'll get an email or call from the so called agent, providing you with payment instructions. That will usually involve a wire transfer, the scammer's favorite means of payment because it's irreversible. Then you sit back to wait for your car. By the time you figure out that it's never going to arrive, your "seller"and the "escrow agent" have disappeared without a trace and your money along with him. You try to find him, but none of the information you got turns out to be true.Here is an FBI warning about these scams.You need to report the fraud to your police, to Actionfraud.police.uk and give them all the information you have, because finding out who and where these people really are is going to be a job for law enforcement. They can get account information from Barclay's Bank with a court order, even though you can't, and that may be helpful. Meanwhile, see if your own bank can be of any assistance in reversing the transaction.
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience: Active member of the NYS bar since 1989