29905560

Is there a express global deliveries, pmb937. Accra.no 7nortei

Customer Question

Is there a express global deliveries, pmb937. Accra.no 7nortei ababio street, East legion road, ***@******.*** , email address
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 9 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What is your involvement with them please?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have been talking on line with a man in service and this firm , contact ***** ***** , telephone number+23323692181, says he works for the company that I have identified to you and will ship belongings to me if I pay the shipping cost to UK airport and deliver to me .I have tried searching for the company but cannot find on various sites .
Does this firm exist or is it a scam company
Is there a website for them?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The email address ***** ********@******.*** is the only one I have
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can send a shipping bill .
Do you have an email to send it to, I don't have the item on this device .
Sorry I am mobile today so not able to repsond immediately. How much are you being asked to pay and when you say you are talking to a man in service do you mean in the military?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Yes he is in the military usa force in Syria.
The amount is £30000 for gold to be shipped via Heathrow
I have attached the flight document that has been sent to me .
The issue with establishing the authenticity of this firm is that Ghana does not have an official online business register like Companies House in the UK. So you cannot establish with certainty if they are a registered company or not. There may be ways to do this if you are in the country but the facilities are not available online. There is a more unofficial business register search (http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/telephone_directory/search.php) but that does not list any results for this company. However, from experience this is a scam, it is complete nonsense. This is a tried and tested scam where alleged military personnel are involved in sending gold back to random people they have met online. It is known as advance fee fraud where you are required to pay money for something but once you do you will never receive what you have paid for. Also the amount you have been asked to pay is absolutely ridiculous - £30,000 to ship 700kg of freight is outrageous – a clear sign this is a scam as they are opportunistic. Do not pay for anything – you will just lose your money. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do you know if usa troops are in Syria.
This Nicholas has phoned me do I have any way of checking the telephone number?
Have you looked at the document?
I have looked at the document - it does not really change anything, anyone can create one like that in a very short period of time. There are US troops in Syria but they are only special operations ones. There are ways to try and work out if someone is a genuine soldier. I can discuss that with you so please take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far (by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars) and I can continue with that and answer any further questions you may have. Don’t worry, there I no extra cost and leaving a rating will not close the question and we can continue this discussion. Thank you
Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for your assistance.
I may contact you again if future contact is made from ***** ***** .
Thank you. To try and determine if this person is a genuine US Army soldier you can use the following: 1. They may use a photo of a soldier, although these can easily be obtained over the internet so there is no guarantee that this is the person you have been talking to. You can actually try and trace the photo to see if it has been used elsewhere by using Google’s ‘Search by Image’ facility: http://www.google.com/insidesearch/searchbyimage.html2. They will always use a free email address that is not affiliated to the Army. It may look like it's genuine but it won't be. If they are in the US Army then they will have an official email that ends with "us.army.mil". You can request that they provide you with that address and communicate through it, but often they will refuse to do so.3. You can actually check to see if they are a serving member of the armed forces by going here: https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/appj/scra/scraHome.do - you will need their name, date of birth, and Social Security Number, however if they are genuine and have nothing to hide they should not refuse to give you this information.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ben Thanks for your assistance Barbara
You are welcome