Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I have had a deal with a shipping company in UK called EDFLOG.COM Is

I have had a deal with a shipping company in UK called EDFLOG.COM
Is this a fraud company, they now wont answer mail or phone.
Thanks for answer ***@******.***
Category: Fraud Examiner
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I bought a motorcycle in mobile24 and the sellers name was Arno Albert Jung.
He dont answer the phone, only voice mail.It was aa German phone number,
Last i heard from the shipping company was 30.march. Now they dont answer.
Regards Oeivind
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 9 months ago.
Hello, Did you see this motorcycle before you sent money to purchase it?
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 9 months ago.
Unfortunately, this sounds as if you have fallen for a vehicle scam.Here's how the scam works:You see a desirable vehicle advertised online. Its cost is too good to be true. The seller is located either out of your part of the country or in a foreign country altogeher. He tells you that you can't come out and see and inspect the cycle, nor will he allow for you to have a mechanic in his community come see it and inspect it on your behalf. It is simply impossible for you to check this vehicle out before you must pay for it.But don't worry, he assures you. The vehicle is perfect and you will be able to have a few days to inspect it during which time you can send it back if you're not satisfied. Meanwhile, he says your money will be held by some escrow/shipping company, in this case Edflog, while you look it over. If you decide to get the motorcycle, he tells you that only then will Edflog release your money to the seller. He may even "throw in" the cost of shipping and insurance, to sweeten the deal because he is in such a hurry.You'll get an email from Edflog providing you with payment instructions. That will involve a means of payment that has no buyer protection, such as Western Union, MoneyGram either of which his instant, untraceable and irreversible. Then you sit back to wait for your vehicle to arrive. By the time you figure out that it's never going show up , your "seller"and the so called shipping agent have disappeared without a trace and your money along with them. You try to find them, but none of the information you got turns out to be true.Unfortunately, there is no real motorcycle and anything you have sent them will be lost forever, unless law enforcement can find them, round them up and bring them to justice.If this sounds like your deal -- which of course, it does -- you need to report the fraud to your local and national police. The UK government's corporate directory lists no such business as Edflog anywhere in the UK. However, since the shipping company is suppsedly ithere, report the fraud also to the UK's national anti-fraud division at ActionFraud.police.uk.
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience: Active member of the NYS bar since 1989