Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

2016 government empowerment on facebook

2016 government empowerment on facebook
Category: Fraud Examiner
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 8 months ago.
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with this question. Did you send money to these people?
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 8 months ago.
Hello, This is a well known scam. Facebook is a very useful social media site, but just because you see something on Facebook, that doesn't mean it is the truth. Many profiles and offerings are fraudulent and just a way to try to steal the money of victims who fall for them. I am glad you thought to check here about this one. This one usually involves someone friending you and claiming that he or she got his or her money, saw you on the list and wondered if you got yours. It's all a scam. Facebook itself runs no contests, and it warns of that. The US government does not run any programs on Facebook either. Even if the US government did have a program on Facebook -- which it does not -- as someone who is not American, you would not be eligible for it. US government grants are free and not handed out at random. One must apply at grants.gov. Finally, when you are the legitimate winner of any kind of contest or award, you NEVER have to pay anything to receive it. The up-front fee is the #1 sign of an advance fee fraud. If the money you were supposed to get was already yours, the government would deduct any transfer fees from your money that they already have and send you the rest. If they have thousands of YOUR dollars, there is no possible legitimate reason for them to require more from your own pocket. It is a sign that they really have nothing for you. Here are the warnings on the web about this so-called Empowerment program. Report the scam to the FBI online at IC3.gov, which is their Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you lost money to the scam, report it also to your police at Actionfraud.police.uk.
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience: Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thank you for your reply I have not sent any money and I wont person sho has been in contact with me is a wright sean pierre who says he works for 2016 government empowerment who got my ramdom pick of my facebook account