Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

London Fashion Model limited is allegedly model supporting

London Fashion Model limited is allegedly model supporting agency, they offer free photoshooting and then say you are perfect model and hard sell you a portfolio starting from £1800. They currently based in London, 41 Devonshire Place Mews, Marylebone, W1 G6DD.
Together with Mango Studio limited they do photoshoots and sell portfolios. Both companies exist for couple of months but their manager Matthew tells they have 15 years experience in modelling business and help you to get a job with best agencies. They contacted me by email after I have sent my photo on Top Model and said I was shortlisted. After the photoshoot in their studio where severvof other models were present Matthew told me how good I am as a model and that I have to have a portfolio, he wanted me to pay £3000, I paid £500 as advanced payment for £1800 portfolio. But I got suspicious of that price and started to investigate this matter only to find out that it is usual scam.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 8 months ago.
Hello, What is the question that you have with regard to this?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What should I do?
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 8 months ago.
Can you be more specific? Are you asking whether they are a scam or not or asking how to get your money back?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I want to know if they a scam and if they are how can I get my money back
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for the reply and sorry for the delay. I had to take an important phone call. I can tell you that it looks like a scam to me. The address they registered with the government is virtual rather than actual. It's a 4 bedroom residential dwelling that many, many companies use as a mailing address. (see link) Companies House indicates that this company was only registered 2 months ago. Scammers will register a company and let it go inactive after they have done their damage. It's too soon to say for sure whether this company will ever really be doing business. You would need to wait and see if they file an annual report next year, and by then it would be too late. Mango Studio Ltd is only 2 months older than London Fashion Model. Their address is residential rather than commercial as well. While I can't say they are a scam, I don't see them as really having industry connections. I also don't find any web information on them. As far as breaking the contract with them, you would need to contact a solicitor in our UK law category, as I am a US attorney. But you can try to negotiate a refund with them, and if you paid by credit card, you may get some relief through your card carrier. If you get nowhere with the company but you feel that you have been ripped off, you can contact Trading Standards.
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience: Active member of the NYS bar since 1989