Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

My name Susan. I am a vctim of Finanical abuse by

Customer Question

My name Susan. I am a vctim of Finanical abuse by a company in the US called UN Monetary Agenda. Theie constant demands of money that they claim that won having out huge amount of charges. It's over one month now and never got the winnings. I am currently out of London due to ill health and Trinidad with my family. This winning apread on Facebook using my friend Facebook account. I am bankrupt and don't know what to do or how to report this company. I will be absoutely honest I have not any money to fund this case as they took all money. Please help
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 8 months ago.
Hello, Facebook is rife with scam, and you have fallen for one of them. First of all you cannot win a contest you have never entered. Secondly, when you really win a contest, the money is already yours, by definition. You NEVER need to pay anything to get it. No matter how logical the reason for the payment may sound to you, an up front fee is the #1 sign of a contest scam. Since they already have "your" money, if they are legitimate, they can deduct any transfer expenses from the money of yours they already have and just give you the rest. These people are not who and where they say they are. There's no real business called the UN Monetary Agenda. The UN makes it clear on their website that the United Nations has nothing to do with contests or awards of money to any private individual. They are an international peacekeeping organization. Period. If you can find out who these people really are, you can sue them or seek to have them prosecuted for the return of your funds, but finding them will be a job for law enforcement. As they claim to be US based report them to the FBI online at their Internet Crime Complaint Center at IC3.gov. You can also report them in the UK to Actionfraud.police.uk Apart from that, send no more money. Cease all contact with these people. There will never be a prize. You have not won any contest. The only thing you're going to get from them is swindled, and by now, I'm sure you've had enough of that.
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience: Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
They, took my bank details to depots the winnings and send me certify certificate of the winnings. So your advice me is report them. They took over £8000, off me already. Claiming that I have won £20000 from them and had to pay for customs and ups charges.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry about the rating I tap on all..
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 8 months ago.
The rating's fine. Thank you very much Yes. report them, and if they have your bank details call your bank and take precautions against identity theft.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 8 months ago.
Yes, scammers always say you're paying for taxes or shipping or transfer or insurance. All of that is a lie. Again, when you're a real winner of a contest, they already have YOUR MONEY. So they don't need you to send any from your pocket. They've got more than enough to pay any real expenses.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Zoey,
How you doing today? I have send two certificate from the UN monetary agenda regarding my winnings. Please look into it and and let me know if it legitimate and legal.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 8 months ago.
No, they are not real. Again, the United Nations has NOTHING to do with contest winnings. Anyone can make a so-called award with free software you can download from the web. Here's the warning from the UN telling people to beware of scammers using their names. You have not won any contest. You have been funding thieves with your money. YOu need to stop paying these people, because they have nothing for you. Report them to Actionfraud.police.uk.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Omg. Thank you. I am in so much shock and devastation. I feel sorry for myself.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 8 months ago.
Don't be too hard on yourself. These internet scammer are cold-blooded professional thieves. They know what they are doing and they are very, very good at their job. Millions and millions of dollars are lost every year all over the world to scammers of this type. So you're in a lot of good company. Just keep reminding yourself from now on that any time you get unsolicited, out of the blue news that is much too good to be true, it is going to be a scam. Stick to that advice, and you won't ever get hurt this way again. Good luck.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Zoey,
Just wanted to ask when I report this bogus scam to action fraud Uk, they actually investigate the fraud and look into it. Even though presently I am not in the Uk, but in Trinidad for a couple of months rest.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 8 months ago.
I've been told that they do not look into it if you have not actually lost money to the scammer, but if you have, they do investigate.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Oh okay. Well I have given them already about £7000. Which I used every penny I had to pay them. Miss I don't know that I was so stupid to fall for this scam. Do you think I should also report it to the fbi action fraud USA as advice before.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 8 months ago.
Yes you should, because the "contest" claims to be operating out of the US and because you were in London when you were scammed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Zoey,
I just want to say a big thank you for your advice. I have lodge both the complaint to the FBI crime centre and to the UK Action fraud centre. However I did already got the crime numbers that the case will be look into.
The UN still kept asking for unnecessary money and is adamant that they are legit and I have genuine won the money.
Thanks to you I feel more relax now, as their are many other vulnerable people who need this situation to be stop. Hopefully my case would be able to stop these scammers.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 8 months ago.
Hi Susan, The scammers are NEVER going to admit to you that they are thieves. They will always tell you they are legitimate, because as long as you are still willing to communicate with them, they believe they will be able to convince you to send them money. It is best that you stop all communication with the scammers. Block any further communication if you can. A very popular follow up to this kind of scam is that someone may call you and claim to be able to get your money back. They may sound official, but they will ask for a fee, and then another and another, and another until you realize it's just another scam. Don't fall for that. I hope the authorities find these folks for you and that you can get your money back
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Zoey,
The FBI and uk action fraud team ask me to keep all records of communication. Could please advice me how to print out the conversation from Facebook message. They also have all my bank and personal details. Please advice
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This is there Facebook page..
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 8 months ago.
You need to talk to a computer tech. I do not know how to print a facebook message.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Okay, cheers
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 8 months ago.
The image with the check incidentally comes from an Australian police news article. The scammers downloaded it from the web to make it look as if that's your lottery check. It isn't. If you scroll down this page until you see the picture, you will find out who all these people really are and what the check is for.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Zoey, which picture. Yes you are absoutely right about and charge £3000 for that incident
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Zoey,
Do you assist clients cases like this. I wouldn't mind if you help me to get them. Obviously I know there is a charge for this sort of job. Or it have to dealth by the authorities. Please let me know. Many thanks
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 8 months ago.
On this site, we only provide general information. It would take the authorities or a private investigator to find these folks. Here's where the overturned truck photo came from.