Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Was taken for $5000 in helping taraji burling of 190

Customer Question

was taken for $5000 in helping taraji burling of*****for helping her with rent and passport and medical help and was promoised we were to be one she also was going through a scamming lawyer in which was giving me addresses to send cash to care of WESTERN UNION but was told taraji was a poor little rich girl and any such amount of cash out layed would be given back lawyer also a scammer but taraji was asking me for all as she was getting me to send cash to ghana anka williams as then she would send her the cash anka has all receipts from all cash i sent
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 6 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 6 months ago.

What is your question about this situation?

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 6 months ago.

Unfortunately, as you already have found out, you fell for an online romance scam.

No matter how well you think you know someone you are only in touch with by electronic means, you are really only strangers until you can meet up and see for yourself who you have really been writing and talking to. And strangers who are legitimate, NEVER ask other strangers for money. The money request is the #1 sign of an internet romance scam, and once it happens, you've got yourself a thief. There's just no exception.

You know that in your real time life. That is, if a stranger walked up to you on the street, told you she loved you and asked you for money, you would never hand your money over. You probably would call the police. You would know she had to be a beggar, a con artist or a thief.

It's exactly the same when someone you have never met in person asks you for money on the web. The difficulty is that internet romance scammers make you feel that you are not strangers but that you're in a committed relationship. But how committed can you be when you can't even meet her to see if she's telling you the truth?

And so you wire your money off to Ghana, and instead of solving your "poor little rich girl's" problem, she only needs more of your money. And more. And more. And more. And more. Until your run out of money or catch wise, whichever comes first.

Now that you get it and you know you have been swindled, what you unfortunately find is that she's lied to you about everything, and you won't be able to find her. Romance scammers are professional thieves, know how to falsify everything from their photos to their computer and email IP addresses, and you can't even follow the money trail because overseas wires via Western Union or MoneyGram are completely untraceable.

Anka Williams and the so-called lawyer won't check out either. They are all part of the same team of scammers and all of the contact information you have for them will be false.

If you can find out who and where she really is, you could take legal action against her for the return of your funds. But finding the will almost certainly be a job for law enforcement.

Romance scammers prey on folks from different countries for a reason. Your police have no authority in Ghana. And romance scams bring in so much money to Ghana's economy that Ghana police are all too willing to look the other way.

You are the victim of a crime, and unless you are willing to invest in an international private investigator to find her, all that you can do is to report the matter to law enforcement and have them notify the authorities in Ghana and ask them to investigate your case. The hard reality of internet scam is that the overwhelming majority of romance scammers get completely away with their crimes.

I am very sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 6 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
have been chatting and passing on good money to said MISS TARAJI BURLING but she is using a friend of hers in GHANA to collect cash and send all to her but taraji , i supposed to be a poor little rich girl as faather was a very rich guy , passed on leaving all to so called taraji , but the lawyer , said ***** ***** with email <*****@******.*** is running her estate for her want to know if all is legal and as she has all the cash in lawyers hands till september and i am helping taraji out in each and every way already passed on to her just over 5 gran , should i keep the cash to her or just loose the lot . JUST WANT HER TO BE TRUTH FULL
AND BE WITH ME IN SEPTEMBER as lawyer parker has had all in his hands for just over 6 months thank you young lady hope you can find the truth bye for now michael
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 5 months ago.

As I have already told you, you have fallen for a well known scam. There is no Taraji Burling. There is only a team of thieves who have stolen your money and who are finding excuses to ask for more.

There is no such lawyer in Ghana by the name of ***** *****. All lawyers must have licenses to practice or they are impostors and committing fraud. The Ghana Bar Association allows you to search the names of all lawyers able to practice law in Ghana on their website. ***** ***** is not a real lawyer.

There is no real Taraji Burling. There is no poor little rich girl. There is no estate. The only money these folks have comes from you and from the others that they are swindling.

Cease contact with "Taraji" and with all of the other people you know through her. Consider the money you have sent gone forever, as you will never get it back. Send no more money to Ghana. Report her to your police and to Scamwatch.gov.au, as the only chance you have of getting your money back is if law enforcement can find out who and where these folks really are and bring them to justice.

THERE IS NO POSSIBILITY THAT ANY OF THESE PEOPLE AND THE INHERITANCE ARE REAL. IT IS ALL A SCAM.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
wanting to know if said ***** ***** , lawyer is for real and practising law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 5 months ago.

No, he is not real. I told you that I looked him up on the website of the Ghana Bar Association and there is no such lawyer by that name licensed to practice law in Ghana. I even linked you to the website, so that you could look him up there for himself and see that there was nobody licensed by that name. I will also attach the list of all members in good standing licensed to practice law in Ghana. His name is ***** ***** either.

Please stop throwing your money away. There is no inheritance. There is no poor little rich girl. There is only a soon-to-be-poor YOU, if you keep sending your money to thieves.