Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I very foolishly traded with Mayfair options , gained some

I very foolishly traded with Mayfair options , gained some money, then they lost it. A Person Called Arthur Paulino got in touch to try and help us trade, (he had a mole inside Mayfair) who traded on our behalf, and managed to restore what we had lost. When I claimed the money back, they talked me into one more trade, using their commission money (they said) and I foolishly agreed, losing the lot. Arthur engaged a Solicitor to get our money back, more money from us, but he asked for the tax to be paid to get the money back, then when we sent it, no refund appeared and the so called court case against him was delayed several times until he disappeared completely.
Arthur then contacted us about a company in Canada specialising in this type of fraud, and upon yet another payment to them from us, have not released any funds, and are asking for more money up front. What a mess we have got ourselves into. Retired, spent all our savings, now living on our pensions. Arthur is in the Dominican Republic, and has even put a bit of his own money in (so he says). Where do we go from here?
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 7 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello Zoey are you there
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 7 months ago.

Unfortunately, as you probably have already suspected, you walked right into trading with an unregulated binary option broker. Unregulated binary brokers are all operating outside of lawful channels and therefore most of them are outright scams.

We hear horror stories just like yours from people who have fallen for attractive proposals advertised by unregulated binary brokers, only to lose their initial investment and then some. Typically, these companies are operating from somewhere offshore out of the reach of your law, making it very tough for a bilked investor to find them and take legal action against them.

Here, the plot thickens, in that you were given follow up referrals to other folks, and dealing with them cost you even more money. These people were no more legitimate than your brokerage was. '

When once you've been scammed, scammers always find a way to come back in new disguises to get still more money from you. The most common way is to pretend to be a company or an agency that will help you to recover the money you lost to the scam. For a fee, of course, and then another, and another, and another, until you catch on or lose all of your money, whichever comes first.

If you can find out who and where your scammers really are -- unfortunately, unlikely -- you could sue them internationally or seek to have them prosecuted for fraud where they are and thus recover your money. But scammers are professional thieves who know how to make themselves disappear into cyberspace by providing entirely phony contact information. I'm sure this will be the case here as well.

That means finding them will be a job for law enforcement and your only chance of recovery is if someone can bring the fraudsters to justice. You need to report the crime to your local authorities and to ActionFraud.police.uk and give them everything you know about these thieves.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 7 months ago.

Your Financial Conduct Authority will not be able to support you since Mayfair is unregulated by them, but the FCA may be able to provide you with some additional direction if you contact them, as I doubt you are the only person in the UK who was exploited by this so called investment firm.

Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience: Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK thankyou
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 7 months ago.

You're very welcome. I hope the authorities can find them for you.