Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Is the "Swedish" firm Musolino Finvest Ltd a scam

is the "Swedish" firm Musolino Finvest Ltd a scam
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 7 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 7 months ago.

Do you have a website for this company? did they make unsolicited contact with you and offer you a lucrative investment opportunity?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it is regarding a business loan my FD found on line.
The strangething is they asked for a western union payment and the name to pay is very non swedish
pay to a Akhibi Kelvin Onuwabhagbe
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hello are you there
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 7 months ago.

Yes I am here. Please give me a few moments to type a response

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 7 months ago.

Before I answer this question, for what reason are they asking you to pay anything, if they are offering you a loan?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
They call it a loan acquistion payment cost of £446.ooGBP
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the guy called me this morning in a very deep west african accent saying to pay via western union to avoid swedish tax on small sums
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i guess the old adage "if it seems to good to be true, then its not true" applies here
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 7 months ago.

You're absolutely correct. Anything on the web that is too good to be true is a fraud.

Still typing.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 7 months ago.

In your country, just like mine, it is unlawful to condition the payment on a loan upon the payment of an up front fee, no matter what they say the reason is for.

The up front fee is the #1 sign of a loan scam.

Still typing. . .

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I guessed so. have you been able to find any evidence on line that they are scammers
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 7 months ago.

Any legitimate lender would take any transfer expenses from the amount of money they have set aside to lend you and would give you the balance, with no further strings attached.

The other big red flag is the Western Union payment. Western Union is instantaneous, irreversible and untraceable. For that reason, since if affords you absolutely no buyer protection, Western Union should never be used to send money to anyone unless that person is a bona fide relative or a business you have successfully dealt with many times before when paying by other means.

Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience: Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thank you that concludes my Q and A session.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 7 months ago.

One reason you haven't been able to find scam reports about this company is that scammers change their names all of the time. So that there just is no up to date record of such people.

You are the victim of a crime, and if you have sent them money, report them to Actionfraud.police.uk for them to investigate.