Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I am checking on a firm called Rassnet-corporation they have

I am checking on a firm called Rassnet-corporation they have a bank account with Lloyds bank the account name is*****
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 7 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 7 months ago.

Do you have a website for this company? What are they offering to do for you?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi, I am thinking of buying a car I saw on ebay but I would have to pay the amount of £8000 to a firm called Rassnet-corporation into a Lloyds bank account Rassnet TC. I have seen them listed on the Internet as possible a fraud setup. Their website is http://www.rassnet-corporation.com/ hoping to hear from you soon roger
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for your reply.

There is ample information on the web that Rassnet is a phony escrow service. It has been reported as such many times. Here's one.

I can tell you also that their website was just created on June 24, 2016, so it is only 2 days old. The domain name has been registered for one year only, which is the least amount of time you can reserve your domain name for. These are very bad signs.

The IP address traces to Jacksonville, Florida and the company is using a private US proxy service to hide its real location and site owner. The website has no physical location for Rassnet anywhere, meaning when they run of with your money, you will never be able to find them.

You can see this for yourself by going to www.domaintools.com and running Rassnet's web address through their search box.

Let me tell you how the auto scam works. If it sounds familiar, then you should under no circumstances make this deal:

There's a very popular car scam that has nothing whatsoever to do with eBay, but it uses the eBay name to fool victims into thnking that the deal is safe. Here's how it works.

You see a desirable vehicle advertised online. Its cost is way below its book value. (first red flag). The seller is out of your part of the country or in a foreign country. (Second red flag). He tells you that you can't come out and see and inspect the car, nor will he allow for you to have a mechanic in his community come see it and inspect it on your behalf. It is simply impossible for you to check this vehicle out before you must pay for it.

But don't worry, he assures you. The car is exactly what he says it is and you will be able to have 5 days (or whatever) to inspect it during which time you can send it back. Meanwhile, your money will be held by eBay Motors, or some escrow/shipping company -- in this case Rassnet -- while you look the vehicle over. If you decide to get the car, he tells you that only then will Rassnet release your money to the seller.

The seller may even offer to pay for the cost of shipping and insurance, to sweeten the deal because he is in such a hurry to sell. It all sounds too good to be true, because it is just that.

You'll get an email from "Rassnet" providing you with payment instructions. That will usually involve a means of payment that offers you no buyer protection, such as a wire transfer, Western Union, MoneyGram or MoneyPak Cards. Then you sit back to wait for your vehicle to arrive. By the time you figure out that it's never going show up, your so-called seller and your Rassnet agent have disappeared without a trace and your money along with them.

You try to find them, but none of the information you got turns out to be true. You contact eBay and are told that eBay knows nothing about this transaction which was not concluded over their site.

AVOID purchasing any car that you cannot see or where you cannot send your own agent to see it and test drive it on your behalf. The web is rife with auto scams, and this sound like one for sure.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Zoey, Many thanks saved me she'd load of money. Roger
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 7 months ago.

You're very welcome, Roger.

Please take the time to rate my service to you before leaving the site, as that's the only way that I can get credit for my work.

Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience: Active member of the NYS bar since 1989