PaulB
PaulB, Other
Experience:  PaulB
25355611

I really need help. So here's the problem. I was red by

Customer Question

Hello guys,I really need help.
So here's the problem. I was hired by a someone on a freelancing site, the offer is:
Sell items on eBay for auction, wait for the payment, and then get my commission+ebay fees+5% of the selling price.
I was excited to do the job without thinking if the person who hired me was real or what.The item (located in Australia, an iMac 27 inches) was sold, so the buyer paid me via paypal, and then I told my employer/third party person that the items was sold for AU$ 1750. He told me to withdraw the money, and he will ship the item. Once the money was deposited in my bank, the employer asked me to transfer the money via Western Union, I ask him if can I just send it to his paypal but he said he doesnt have paypal, so I agreed to send the money to him via Western union because i dont have more option and my work is 10 hours a day and I dont have enough sleep by that time. He sent me a receipt stating that the item was shipped, with tracking number. I put the tracking number on the ebay listing that was sold. It happened Nov 24, 2014, and it's been 10 days. The buyer contacted me about the item. I answered him with all that I can, but later on asked me for refund when he found out that the items was not located in Australia but shipped from UK (London)My real problem is:
How can I issue him a refund when the employer/third party person is not contacting me anymore regarding the item, and I dont have the payment on my paypal because ive already sent it to the employer.I searched the courier and it shocked me. I saw a thread from a website, and a woman posted the same problem as me. I just cant asked her how she managed the problem because I can't register from the website. It seems like I was scammed and now I am facing a real problem because i am afraid of getting jailed or whatever.
The employer/third party person who turns out to be a scammer is not contacting me anymore and the item was not really shipped and I found out that www.global-line.tk is fake and there is no such courier in or whatever...Please guys help me. I am going to have a heart attack very soon. i dont have the fund in my paypal and i cant issue a refund since ive already withdrawn the money and sent it to that heartless scammer. I am from the Philippines and I listed that item for auction on ebay.au.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  PaulB replied 6 months ago.

I guess that some just won't walk away when it's the usual scam. Call it a scam, tell everyone you were scammed and walk away having learned the lesson.

Whenever anyone asks for western union payments, run a mile, there's no way to reverse them. :(

Expert:  PaulB replied 6 months ago.

Only use western union for sending money to friends and family.

PaulB, Other
Experience: PaulB
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
should i call the police?
Expert:  PaulB replied 6 months ago.

Hiya, I honestly don't know what help they can be, BUT, it IS worth calling to find out

I would also contact any local/national internet fraud centre in your country to get advice and report it.

If you need any help with that, please accept the more Q&A time.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok thank you i'll give them a call, can i reply here later for further informaton?
Expert:  PaulB replied 6 months ago.

Of course, i can call or you can call me. :)

Wishing you the best of luck, please let me know what they say.