29905560

I have received a call from some who said I had a hacker on

I have received a call from some who said I had a hacker on my E mail system. In fact the hacker is in my old e mail system, but he still uses me as a 'postman'. A lady called me last weekend from 'www services' who said she could remove the hacker for free!
She says she has done the work but I need a programme costing £79 for life time protection. As I have no money at present, she is calling Friday for payment. She gave her name as Michele Allen on 01223 926105. Should I pay her?
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Could you please provide me with the full web address so that I can look into this for you? Thank you

Hi there, I would be rather wary of cold callers offering to fix your computer problems, even if there has been a history of hacking. You have to consider how they found out this information in the first place and why they are so concerned with resolving the issue for you. It is not uncommon for someone to deliberately infect you and then offer to resolve the issues for you, simply making money from the problem they caused you in the first place. Of course I am not saying that this is what has happened here but it could have been the case.

If you did have virus or hacker problems then it would be best if you take steps to resolve that yourself, rather than rely on cold callers who you do not know anything about and whose agenda you are unaware of. I would therefore advise you against paying anything to these people and if you are having any issues with hackers, to approach people capable of resolving this yourself as then you can research the companies you will be using.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

My full response should be visible on this page. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question or whether you need me to clarify anything else in relation to this? If your query has been answered I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating, selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page. Thank you

Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.

Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'