29905560

PlEase can you check up on RAYNOLDS @ FORT BRAGG AS A SG

plEase can you check up on ROBERT RAYNOLDS ANDERSON @ FORT BRAGG AS A SG MAJOR as need to know if he is a true person
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Please can you tell me what contact you have had from this person and why you may be concerned about him?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ive been emailing him through uniformdating but he has told me his facebook has been hacked and taken down by the military after reporting it. at the moment he has told me he has been deployed.im just wondering if he is who he says he is. his birthday is ***** september 1974. i dont want to send money to him if he is a scammer as been scammed before

OK, thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and and will get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not responded to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

Many thanks for your patience. The first important thing you should be aware of is that it is never possible to state with certainty whether someone you have met online is genuine or not unless you have actually met them in person. Therefore, there will inevitably be a degree of speculation involved.

With the anonymity of the internet, there has been a very significant increase in romance scams that involve military personnel. The main way to identify such scams is not by tracing the person, which as mentioned would often be impossible, but by looking at the overall situation and identifying certain 'red flags'. The most common ones are:

1. You have met this person online, usually through a dating or social networking website, or instant messaging.

2. They will claim that they are a serving soldier with the Army and are currently based abroad.

3. They will strike a long-distance relationship with you, they are very pleasant and romantic

4. They will always use a free email address that is not affiliated to the Army. It may look like it's genuine but it won't be. If they are in the US Army then they will have an official email that ends with "us.army.mil". You can request that they provide you with that address and communicate through it, but often they will refuse to do so.

5. You can actually check to see if they are a serving member of the armed forces by going here: https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/appj/scra/scraHome.do - you will need their name, date of birth, and Social Security Number, however if they are genuine and have nothing to hide they should not refuse to give you this information.

6. They often ask for money, citing various reasons. Never ever send money to someone who says they are in Army and you have not met personally – the Army looks after their soldiers very well and they would not be asking for cash from anyone, ahetever reasons they come up with

7. They request that the payment is made via some dubious money transfer method, with little or no fraud protection, such as Western Union, Moneygram, etc. These methods are also commonly used as the person on the other side will be extremely difficult to trace

If the above looks familiar, chances are that the person you are involved with is a fraudster and you need to proceed with extreme caution, if at all. I strongly suggest you cease all contact with the person and certainly not send anything to them.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Rating of4

Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'