Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Looking at buying an investment property... Not sure if this

Looking at buying an investment property...
Not sure if this company is legitimate or a "to good to be true"
it is called
Find UK Property
www.findukproperty.com
phone:***********
Looks legitimate, but worried about being ripped off.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. Are you online at this time?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 months ago.

Thank you. Please give me a few minutes to look into this company and compose a reply for you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Would you like me to include email i received from them?
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 months ago.

I'd like to see the email, but you cannot email it to me except as a premium service for an additional fee. So you can wait on that.

Is an unsolicited email the way that you learned about this company?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No I was looking for property to buy when, it came up as a banner, saying UK Investment Property.
2 Bedroom houses @ 54,995 up to 69,990. They will rent it out and look after it for you.
So i dont need to be there which is perfect for me.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
They say they are affiliated with
Sandcastles.ae
The property Ombudsman Sales
NAEA
Approved Code
These are ar the bottom of there website
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 months ago.

Companies House has no listing for any such business as Find UK Property doing business in the UK. As you likely know, this is a bad sign. The company also mentions the name of Sandcastles Investment Group on their website. Companies House has no record of them either.

I'm still checking and typing more information.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I would just like to know if this is a legitimate company in the UK.
The mans Name was Tariq, he is consultant and Director?
This just rang some bells.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 months ago.

The website's WHOIS indicates that the domain name was purchased and the website launched in 2012. It is registered through 2019. That's a good sign since fraudulent companies do not usually keep their sites up and running for that long. The site IP address traces to Munich, which is unusual for a site that claims to be UK based and in Lancashire. The site owner listed on the domain registration is:

Registrant Name: Tariq Mohammed
Registrant Organization: Tariq Mohammed
Registrant Street: 4 Billinge End Road
Registrant City: Blackburn
Registrant State/Province: Lancs
Registrant Postal Code: BB2 6PY
Registrant Country: GB
Registrant Phone: +44.7870161000

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Do you think this is worth perusing?
Or should i drop this investment?
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 months ago.

I have only been able to trace the home page back two years however. Here's the screenshot history, indicating if the website may not have been active before 2014. The WHOIS indicates that the ownership of the site and the name of the registrar has changed four times since 2012. This means, of course, that the present business has not been around since 2012 after all.

I'm still looking up additional information.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This is the exact pages he has sent me..
Cant believe it has not changed in 2 years..
I think i will pass on my investment
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 months ago.

The website does say that it's part of a greater group located in Burnley. Find UK Property does turn up as located in Burnley on the NAEA's website.

The greater group is called International Property Specialists Ltd, which IS listed with Companies House and was incorporated in the UK back in 2007, at the address listed on the website.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 months ago.

I am always suspicious of a company when there are too many countries in the equation: this is in the UK, the site traces to Munich, the parent company is apparently in Dubai. Makes it difficult to really find them and who's responsible if something goes awry in the investment.

At the same time, I cannot prove conclusively that they are not legitimate. To the contrary, they are registered real estate agents.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for all your information.
I will keep looking for local real estate agent that will be able to help me from this side of the world..
when the hairs stand up at the back of my neck, i usually stay away.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 months ago.

Find UK Property is the name that International Property Specialists Ltd uses to do business. International Property Specialists Ltd does check out.

All the same, I would never advise doing business with a strange company without coming over, seeing the property you're investing in, and making sure the people puporting to sell the property have the authority to do so, before purchasing it and then walking away to let them run it. There's a great deal of scam in this area.

If it isn't sitting right, you should avoid it.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 months ago.

Please take the time to rate my service to you before leaving the site as that is the only way I can get credit for my work.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I certainly will.
Thank you once again.
I will use this site again.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 months ago.

You're very welcome!

Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience: Active member of the NYS bar since 1989