Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal lawyer
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Is Scorpion Disputes SL a fraudulent company and what is

Customer Question

Is Scorpion Disputes SL a fraudulent company and what is their business???
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 10 days ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now.

Do you have a website for this company? How did you learn about them? What are they supposed to do for you and what must you do for them in return?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No website, I just went to Scorpion Disputes SL and it came up in Spanish. They are trying to retrieve funds I have lost in dealing with Timeshare companies Sales and Resale in Spain.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
They got in touch with us.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 10 days ago.

The Spanish are known for their timeshare scams and this is all part of it.

Scammers keep lists of the people that they have successfully swindled, and they also sell those lists to other scammers. That ensures that if you were scammed once, someone is going to come back and try to take advantage of you all over again. Scammers ALWAYS come back to you in different guises to take another bite of the apple.

The most common way for scammers to do this is to pretend to be a government agency, investigator, law firm or company who claims that they can get you back your money. For a fee, of course. And then another. And then another. And then another. Until one morning you wake up and realize that you are being scammed all over again.

I'm betting that these folks asked for an upfront fee. There are real businesses that try to retrieve lost funds, but they take a percentage of what they recover for you, and they don't take any money from you beforehand.

I have looked online for information about this company. What is available, confirms a scam. That is, even those companies that provide background into Spanish companies have no real information about this one. There is, for example, no CIF number, and they'd have one if they were legitimate. They should be licensed if they could really do what they promise. They also are brand new. Their business only dates back to March 2016.

A brand new, uncredentialed company that makes unsolicited contact to someone in another country fits the scam pattern to a tee.

Cease contact with them. Send them no money. If you've given them sensitive personal information, such as your bank or credit card information, take all precautions against identity theft.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
They havent asked for an Upfront fee. So now I am confused
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 9 days ago.

What have they asked for from you to do this for you?

Do you have a street location for them?