13262538

My ex and I have a divorce agreement which says we will share

Customer Question

My ex and I have a divorce agreement which says we will share tax returns to calculate the fair split of school fees. I shared mine last Sept and he has still not shared his. He lies that he has sent it and now he says he will only send it to his chosen lawyer who can confirm the amount to me. He has sent my tax return to this lawyer without my permission. What can I do to a) get his tax return b) seek damages for him sharing my confidential info with a third party.
Category: French Law
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first
Was this requirement actually included within the Court Order?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes.

the Court order was actually made in France which may complicate things but I have an English translation.

Do you both now live in the UK?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My ex is still in France. I live in the UK as do the children.

Unfortunately since this is a French Order any enforcement will have to be dealt with there
I will opt out and transfer you to the French Law Section
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Can you at least answer the second part of my question. Does he have any right to disclose my private financial information to a third party? What redress would I have in the UK courts?

I am afraid that there would in fact be no redress here as he would not require your permission to show it to his legal adviser.
Equally and the Order been made in the UK you would have been able to insist on seeing his Tax return and could use the threat of prison to enforce it
I hope that this is of assistance - my apologies that I cannot deal with the enforcement point
Claire