Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod,
73944119

I am an American citizen born in the US. My grandmother was

Customer Question

I am an American citizen born in the US. My grandmother was born in Oberbetschdorf, Alsace Lorraine in the late 1800's. I am living in Scotland. I want to know whether there is a grandparent clause in French immigration law that would allow a successful application for citizenship.
Category: French Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Expert:  Thegonnec replied 3 years ago.
No, there is no such clause at all. This family link would not qualify you for French citizenship.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below the Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.