Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod,
73944119

Can a local mayor exercise the communes droit de pre-emption

Customer Question

Can a local mayor exercise the commune's droit de pre-emption if he or it thinks the agreed price is too low and force the buyer to pay more? David
Category: French Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Happy to continue waiting but how much longer do you think you need? I need a reply by, say, Monday. Thank you. David

I'm afraid JustAnswer cannot guarantee a time. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Thegonnec replied 3 years ago.
The droit de pre-emption cannot be used to force a buyer to pay more, even if it sometimes may result as such. It can be enforced only if the commune has a reserved used for the building (according to its planning policy).
Yet, if the selling price is too low compared to market value, tax authorities are most likely to get interested and will likely tax the seller on CGT based on the actual market value.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below the Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password XXXXX you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.