Thegonnec
Thegonnec, Judge
Experience:  11 years experience as judge at Paris Industrial Tribunal
46873171

Verbal Abuse

Customer Question

Neighbour's verbal use.  I live on my barge in France and I have several neighbours. Yesterday when I was still in bed one of them, threw a large piece of wood onto the roof of my boat waking me up and frightening me to death. When I went outside not even having the time to get dressed properly, he shouted at me that I had to move my car or he would call the gendarmes immediately. I asked him why he had not just asked me nicely rather than tossing a large lump of wood and he began a stream of verbal abuse using such words as 'salope' & 'connasse' and told me to clear off 'degage' and not come back and this was done in front of neighbours living in the houses in the road above the canal.  I was shocked and quite scared but this man is known for being characteriel'. I don't feel safe as I live alone and there was no justification for his language. I was going to make a report at the gendarmerie but another boat neighbour said we should sort it out between us as it could lead to a lot more problems if I were to report him. IAs I believe the witnesses are his friends I don't think they would support me. I think he will do it again because he seems to have a lot of anger against women.  What should I do?

Category: French Law