Thegonnec
Thegonnec, Judge
Experience:  11 years experience as judge at Paris Industrial Tribunal
46873171

I purchased an integrated dishwasher on the first day of the

Customer Question

I purchased an integrated dishwasher on the first day of the sales.
It was purchased from a store selling graded, ex-bankrupt stock etc.
I got a three month guarantee with the item.
We bought the dishwasher home and waited until today to install it as we had difficulty removing the old dishwasher.
We noticed that the door did not lock and that a catch seems to be missing. Therefore it cannot be used.
I didn't notice this before because the door is weighted.
I have cut the plug off the electrical lead so that we could feed the lead under the work top.
I would like to return the item and get my money back but know that this can be problematic in france!
What are my rights......what can i quote to the shop in french to get a refund, not a repair or credit note.?

Category: French Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.