Thegonnec
Thegonnec, Judge
Experience:  11 years experience as judge at Paris Industrial Tribunal
46873171

My landlady is refusing to let me allow my parents to stay

Customer Question

My landlady is refusing to let me allow my parents to stay in my rented flat for two days whilst I am away.

I understand french law protects tenancy right for reasonable and appropriate uses, including having guests to stay.

I have a short term contract (Nov-Feb) which I am not interested in renewing. I rent another apartment (Mar-Dec each year, but vacate when my lovely landlady returns to Paris for Christmas. My current contract does not stipulate that guests cannot stay or family members cannot be left alone without my presence. I have insurance and have paid my deposit. I can provide references from other landlady vouching that I am a reliable, trustworthy and model tenant.

I am a married professional mid-50s female who works in Paris during the week. My husband and children remain in the UK and come for short visits, as do other family members.

My parents are due to visit me in mid-Feb and wish to stay on a few extra days when I have to go away on business.

From reading web articles, next step options appear to be to contact the official mediator.

I would be grateful for advice on next steps.

With thanks
Category: French Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Please cancel the question. Many thanks. Angela